Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 11:15 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,242,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I'm against gun ownership because guns are plain and simple anti-personnel devices, no one needs an AR-15 or Mac10 to go duck hunting
Again, you're not being truthful. Just shouting nonsense you've heard repeated by other uniformed people on the left. The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with duck hunting or hunting of any type.

You're against the 2nd Amendment for the very reason it exists. The left is shouting for a revolution...how in the heck would the unarmed left of this country pull off a revolution if it were actually needed??? Chew on that one for a minute.

The students that walked out of class, those protesting that didn't vote, those who support violence and destruction of property, those who spout nonsense they don't understand, are the what we should be protesting. Oh we did, on November 8th.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:48 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,649,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Again, you're not being truthful. Just shouting nonsense you've heard repeated by other uniformed people on the left. The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with duck hunting or hunting of any type.

You're against the 2nd Amendment for the very reason it exists. The left is shouting for a revolution...how in the heck would the unarmed left of this country pull off a revolution if it were actually needed??? Chew on that one for a minute.

The students that walked out of class, those protesting that didn't vote, those who support violence and destruction of property, those who spout nonsense they don't understand, are the what we should be protesting. Oh we did, on November 8th.
Hey I did vote, I just didn't vote for Drumpf, so you can't accuse people who are anti-Drumpf of not voting, otherwise he would have gotten every single electoral vote and 100% of the popular vote

Old 11-11-2016, 11:55 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,242,549 times
Quote:
Hey I did vote, I just didn't vote for Drumpf, so you can't accuse people who are anti-Drumpf of not voting, otherwise he would have gotten every single electoral vote and 100% of the popular vote
I didn't accuse anyone of that. I stated that I bet the majority out on the streets protesting did not vote. Similar to the students who walked out of school and have no idea why they are out there shouting "love Trumps hate" (which is hate in an of itself). They are just angry, uniformed, impressionable people who let the group think for them instead of thinking for themselves.

I have a gal at work that was carrying on in our morning meeting the morning after the election. She was MAD that Trump was elected, stated something must be done to stop him, said she can't believe people in this country are so stupid to vote for him. I was tired of listening to her and cut her off and asked her "did you vote?" and she stated "I'm not registered to vote but I will be next time". She's a 50 year old woman that has lived in Arizona her entire life. She got very embarrassed when the entire room started laughing.

This isn't only a problem on the left, the right is guilty of not voting and complaining afterwards. They right doesn't do it in the streets causing violence, property destruction, and making threats to others who disagree.

Old 11-12-2016, 01:39 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,193,799 times
Quote:
Lol, you gave examples of two peaceful protests towards Obama as a response to my call against violent and threatening protests towards Trumps election?

I won't be discussing this any further with you since you don't seem to understand what you read.
Is hurling racial epithets and bringing loaded weapons near the US president your idea of peaceful? Don't bother responding if you don't want to, but get off your moral high horse and think your side is somehow "above" others by not protesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Peaceful protest? The American way. Regardless if I agree or disagree, good!

Violence, breaking laws, rioting like this recent example over a valid election where the American voter has spoken?

Portland police declare anti-Trump protest a riot - LA Times

Bad. Not cool. Fascist behavior. Anarchist behavior. And a horrible way to win friends and influence people to one's side of thinking.

And one with a "memory of a goldfish" can even grasp the good/bad aspect of what a protest should be and what it shouldn't be. Some apparently don't though with the anarchy we see going on in more than a few "protests".

And this side has been busy doing this thing for a while now, in the name of a "protest" no doubt:

Anti-Trump Violence Sweeps The Nation | Zero Hedge

Back to the thread title.....the vast majority of school age kids have no idea what a protest is. They are acting on impulse, peer acceptance, and herd behavior. And looking for time out of school. That's the simple reality here.
Your point is what, exactly? I never once condoned violent protests, but rather pointed out how wrong that guy was in saying that your kind doesn't protest, when you do.

By the way, I don't see you posting the string of reports of racial and religious minorities, as well as LGBT people, voicing complaints about the open season you people have declared on us after Trump was elected. Because that's conservative, that is cool in your eyes?

Also, by all means demonize these children. Please, please, please do... because as you conservatives are so short-sighted, I'll kindly remind you that pretty much all high school students today will be eligible to vote in 2020. Suppress their rights. Tell them they have no voice. Ensure this freedom and liberty nonsense you spout as buzzwords at every rally doesn't apply to them (or most Americans, really). I just hope they remember how you people refer to them when the White House is up for grabs in four years.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:11 AM

30,538 posts, read 19,279,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I really wonder if the schools will hold them accountable for cutting school as they should?
Is this what a good school district supports?

Phoenix, AZ -- Students at a few Phoenix high schools walked out of class Wednesday in protest of Donald Trump's win.

About 200 students at Carl Hayden High School chanted "Out Donald Trump" as they left school around noon. The high school is located at 35th Avenue and Roosevelt Street.

Students at North, Maryvale, Trevor Browne and Central high schools also staged walkouts.

Students were seen holding signs and the Mexican flag as they marched to the Arizona State Capitol where they gathered outside the building and then walked a circuit around the plaza. Many of the signs expressed anti-Trump and anti-Sheriff Joe Arpaio sentiments.

Valley students walk out of class in protest of Trump's win - ABC-7.com WZVN News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida
Send them back to the country they love...Mexico.

Old 11-12-2016, 04:07 AM

1,029 posts, read 2,486,520 times
Those Parents need to let these kids know that this is a waste of energy.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:50 AM

8,280 posts, read 8,681,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
Is hurling racial epithets and bringing loaded weapons near the US president your idea of peaceful? Don't bother responding if you don't want to, but get off your moral high horse and think your side is somehow "above" others by not protesting.

Your point is what, exactly? I never once condoned violent protests, but rather pointed out how wrong that guy was in saying that your kind doesn't protest, when you do.

By the way, I don't see you posting the string of reports of racial and religious minorities, as well as LGBT people, voicing complaints about the open season you people have declared on us after Trump was elected. Because that's conservative, that is cool in your eyes?

Also, by all means demonize these children. Please, please, please do... because as you conservatives are so short-sighted, I'll kindly remind you that pretty much all high school students today will be eligible to vote in 2020. Suppress their rights. Tell them they have no voice. Ensure this freedom and liberty nonsense you spout as buzzwords at every rally doesn't apply to them (or most Americans, really). I just hope they remember how you people refer to them when the White House is up for grabs in four years.
What open season?

I remember the pro gay speaker at the Republican convention. Trump said how nice it was to hear applause for that speaker at a Republican convention. I don't call that open season.

What was ever said about racial minorities? Illegals yes but racial minorities in general? Never happened.

Did you miss when Trump said he was the Republican candidate not the conservative candidate?

Religious minorities? Like many of his family members?

In 4 years half of those high school students will be Republican. We hear the same thing every 4 years and it never happens. Kind of like when Hillary Clinton was a Goldwater Girl and Jerry Rubin became a bond trader. People's politics change. Even a conservative like David Horowitz was a communist at a young age.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:03 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,193,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
What open season?

I remember the pro gay speaker at the Republican convention. Trump said how nice it was to hear applause for that speaker at a Republican convention. I don't call that open season.

What was ever said about racial minorities? Illegals yes but racial minorities in general? Never happened.

Did you miss when Trump said he was the Republican candidate not the conservative candidate?

Religious minorities? Like many of his family members?

In 4 years half of those high school students will be Republican. We hear the same thing every 4 years and it never happens. Kind of like when Hillary Clinton was a Goldwater Girl and Jerry Rubin became a bond trader. People's politics change. Even a conservative like David Horowitz was a communist at a young age.
I did not miss the growing number of complaints of Americans now experiencing discrimination because of the message Trump has sent, including people in my personal network. Forget whatever the media has been hand-feeding you regarding him specifically, because his supporters seem to thin vigilante justice has been approved. A Hindu Indian I work with, and those "live and let live" Phoenicians have been harassing him for being Muslim. No, he isn't, but "brave" Phoenicians aren't afraid to say that to his face from a moving vehicle. So no, I didn't miss what Trump said... but I didn't miss what Trump supporters have said. Apparently though, you missed what I originally wrote. Try harder next time, dear.

I think numbers work against your claim. Not only did Trump win on a technicality, but he's the fourth president to win an electoral vote while losing the popular vote (and second to do so in our lifetime) and only the second Republican to win the popular vote since 1992 (after Bush in 2004). So yes, I think Republicans have something to fear if not for the Electoral College. Based on current statistics, I think your claim is moot.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:43 AM

9,820 posts, read 11,208,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
How many of those protestors voted?
None of the illegals voted.

I saw a lot of young college kids faces. I wonder if they are upset they didn't get some more freebies like free college.

Disclaimer: I didn't vote for Trump (nor Hillary). I could not stomach either.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,055,801 times
Quote:
The truth...there is no "right" to marijuana and other drugs, there is no stated constitutional right to same sex marriage (the supreme court interpreted it as such in a 5-4 decision), abortion isn't a stated right in the constitution and Roe v Wade put it under the right of privacy.

So you are against those who feel these issues are NOT rights provided by the constitution and feel the supreme court made a mistake in the interpretation of the constitution in their decisions, however, the one stated right in the constitution which allows us to keep and bear arms you feel is questionable and needs to be litigated/legislated???

I'm not saying I'm against the legalization of MJ, same sex marriage or even abortion in certain circumstances. I just want you to be honest with yourself and the uninformed masses.
Well said1

Quote:
I'm against gun ownership because guns are plain and simple anti-personnel devices, no one needs an AR-15 or Mac10 to go duck hunting
So, you're totally against gun ownership? I would say that you are residing in the wrong country as that will not change.
I'm agains CRIMINALS having guns, otherwise it's none of my business.

The following is not addressed to YOU personally but the situation as a whole;
I'm against people protesting under the flag of another country. If you want to protest in support of that country do so IN that country. You want to be an American? Then claim THIS country, even when protesting against something the U.S. is doing that you don't like.
You want this to be your home? Then act like it.

In my opinion it's highly disrespectful to march around behind/under a Mexican flag while protesting that you want the U.S. to accept you as a citizen even though you might/probably snuck in. You want people to look at you just like everyone else in this melting pot then quit pointing out how you're not.

Kids who cannot vote, who are not of legal age should be able to voice their opinions, in school and/or to their parents. This is part of the learning process where people who are (supposedly) smarter and wiser than you can educate you on life and how things work. Just because you can walk and talk does not mean your opinion carries any weight as you've NOT learned enough about life. That's why there's an age requirement on voting or doing most anything else important. You don't have the RIGHT to tie up law enforcement resources, block traffic or create a scene, you have not lived long enough to gain that right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area