Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 11:42 PM

431 posts, read 98,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatetheheat01 View Post
I love this weather. It's finally not hot for once. If only it would stay 60 degrees all year long!
Yeah, man! Tonight they will get more cold weather. Please put on your warm blanket and put on a winter shirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 06:24 AM

1,013 posts, read 981,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatetheheat01 View Post
I love this weather. It's finally not hot for once. If only it would stay 60 degrees all year long!
I assume you don't live in the Phoenix area based on your "Hatetheheat" name.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:21 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,838,882 times
I love it. I can finally wear my sweaters. I can finally wear shoes with socks without overhearing my feet.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:45 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,322,264 times
I'm in Florida. Florida has better winter weather than Arizona. It is humid and balmy. I'm wearing t-shirts and shorts. Arizona definitely has a winter season where you have to turn your heat on. I'm putting on my A/C in the house in Florida as we speak. I love the Arizona winters and the cool down.

I agree with the OP. People on these forums are quite irrational and overly complain incessantly about the heat and then when it goes away, you don't hear a peep out of these people or how the weather is cool and nice. They only like to complain but never compliment. And that goes during the summer too when there will be periods of cooler temps.

On a positive note, I will say it is much better than what it was on these forums 4-5 years ago when we had 3 -4 heat threads going at once.

The OP is being tongue and cheek and essentially calling out the hypocrisy. I love it! Good job OP

Old 12-01-2016, 03:29 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,316,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
I love it. I can finally wear my sweaters. I can finally wear shoes with socks without overhearing my feet.
That is exactly what I hate about the cold. I hate sweaters and socks!

Old 12-01-2016, 11:04 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,838,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'm in Florida. Florida has better winter weather than Arizona. It is humid and balmy. I'm wearing t-shirts and shorts. Arizona definitely has a winter season where you have to turn your heat on. I'm putting on my A/C in the house in Florida as we speak. I love the Arizona winters and the cool down.

I agree with the OP. People on these forums are quite irrational and overly complain incessantly about the heat and then when it goes away, you don't hear a peep out of these people or how the weather is cool and nice. They only like to complain but never compliment. And that goes during the summer too when there will be periods of cooler temps.

On a positive note, I will say it is much better than what it was on these forums 4-5 years ago when we had 3 -4 heat threads going at once.

The OP is being tongue and cheek and essentially calling out the hypocrisy. I love it! Good job OP
Look at my status. "Wishing it was winter..." Set three months ago. I love our winter weather and I will say it time and time again. Even during that brief period in December where we get a ton of rain and clouds, I love it then too. Winter is easily my favorite season.

I do and always will complain about summers though. I'm just a cold weather person, what can I say.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:31 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,083,160 times
When I first moved here in April 2001, I thought it was absurd to see boots and sweaters in the dept. stores. I could not imagine these being needed ever. I was wrong.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:18 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,980,447 times
Made the mistake of going to Cars & Coffee on Saturday morning at 7:30AM. Boy was it cold! Runny noses, sniffling, frozen hands... wasn't much fun at all.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:12 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,738,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post

AZriver, did I miss something? Did you move to Florida or are you just there for the winter?

Old 12-05-2016, 09:04 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,316,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
When I first moved here in April 2001, I thought it was absurd to see boots and sweaters in the dept. stores. I could not imagine these being needed ever. I was wrong.
I was at the mechanic getting an oil change early Saturday and the TV was tuned to whatever the good morning news show is that is on (I never watch those type of shows so I am not sure of the name) and they were out at various locations around the valley doing this and that. Everyone was bundled up like it was frigid out and everyone was talking about how cold it was. Winter coats, hats, gloves, scarves! They were talking to people that camped out for the ASU game and were talking about how brave they were to be out there in the COLD like that...because it was in the 40s.

I don't like the cold, and I agree it feels cold right now, but I had to laugh at these people acting like they were literally going to freeze to death because of the weather. I was wearing jeans and a tshirt and a hoodie, but I was far from bundled up when I left the house. Once my car was done, my hoodie came off as I left to run my other errands.

Would I prefer warmer? Of course. Is this frigid-I-am-going-to-die-of-frostbite cold like they were acting like? Not by a long shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area