Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 10:05 PM

13,238 posts, read 7,286,273 times

Advertisements

Just stung by bark scorpion about 15 minutes ago feels like an electric shock the pain intense how long does it last would like to hear from someone who also has been stung their experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 10:10 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
It was nice knowing you, we're gonna miss you around here.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
It was nice knowing you, we're gonna miss you around here.
I'm still here Leg is tingling now I don't like it feels like I'm being shocked by 110V outlet.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:33 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
I'd suggest you seek medical attention ASAP.

Most scorpion sting symptoms are mildly painful and involve numbness, tingling and swelling around the sting site. More severe symptoms include muscle twitching, unusual head, neck and eye movements, drooling, sweating, vomiting, high blood pressure (hypertension), low blood pressure (hypotension), accelerated heart rate, restlessness or excitability. Stings can cause immediate pain or burning, and produce small swellings that are sensitive to the touch. Symptoms of Bark Scorpion stings result in numbness or tingling, blurry vision and twitching muscles. For children, hyperactivity and erratic eye movement can manifest. The venom of the bark scorpion is very toxic and can be deadly for those highly sensitive to the sting.

http://www.orkin.com/stinging-pests/...orpion-stings/

Old 12-03-2016, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I'd suggest you seek medical attention ASAP.

Most scorpion sting symptoms are mildly painful and involve numbness, tingling and swelling around the sting site. More severe symptoms include muscle twitching, unusual head, neck and eye movements, drooling, sweating, vomiting, high blood pressure (hypertension), low blood pressure (hypotension), accelerated heart rate, restlessness or excitability. Stings can cause immediate pain or burning, and produce small swellings that are sensitive to the touch. Symptoms of Bark Scorpion stings result in numbness or tingling, blurry vision and twitching muscles. For children, hyperactivity and erratic eye movement can manifest. The venom of the bark scorpion is very toxic and can be deadly for those highly sensitive to the sting.

Scorpion Stings - Bites, Identification, Symptoms, Treatment

I knew all that stuff already Poison control said I don't need medical attention unless I get muscle twitching or breathing problem. Probably just go to bed took some Ibuprofen.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:34 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
When I lived in Texas I was stung several times. Each time the pain was intense but only lasted a minute or so. Very short time.

But different species of scorpions have different toxins.

If you are still having symptoms by the time you see this, get medical advice.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:39 AM

2,784 posts, read 7,443,931 times
My experience after a bark scorpion sting has been significant pain for several hours, usually relieved by acetaminophen and ice. After the pain, there may be numbness at the site for several days. For a healthy adult, medical attention is not necessary unless you exhibit the more serious symptoms listed above.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:32 AM

I'm still alive
My foot is numb like it got a shot of Novocain pain was equal to wasp or bee but lasting lot longer both of those stings. Again Poison control said it will have pain and numbness for 24-72 hours so I'm not concerned no need to panic. Not had any of the serious symptoms area of my foot is tingling it's been about 10 hours since I was stung. Earlier in the day my wife killed one under a laundry basket other then that we only saw one other one all summer in our house. Friend of mine has a extermination service said they got rid of his sister in-laws 20 year problem with scorpions I'm going to call them. We have small dogs no idea how it would affect them.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:13 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I'm still alive
My foot is numb like it got a shot of Novocain pain was equal to wasp or bee but lasting lot longer both of those stings. Again Poison control said it will have pain and numbness for 24-72 hours so I'm not concerned no need to panic. Not had any of the serious symptoms area of my foot is tingling it's been about 10 hours since I was stung. Earlier in the day my wife killed one under a laundry basket other then that we only saw one other one all summer in our house. Friend of mine has a extermination service said they got rid of his sister in-laws 20 year problem with scorpions I'm going to call them. We have small dogs no idea how it would affect them.
Welcome to the club! I've been stung 3 or 4 times. The first was like you, leg numb but it stopped at the knee. Went on for several days like that but a little less each day. The others weren't as bad. I got stung in the head one time too. I've been a liberal ever since. I suppose it depends on how much venom you got. Don't worry, though, there will be no lasting effects. Now is the time you see them in the house as they come it to get out of the cold. Wear shoes or at least thick socks.

I think my dogs have been stung over the years as well as they are terrified of scorpions and run away when they see one. That might be from our over reaction to get to them and kill them, though, when we spot one.

EDIT: Forget to mention. We found one on our Christmas tree once and sometimes find dead ones in the ornaments boxes. So keep an eye out!

Old 12-04-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Welcome to the club! I've been stung 3 or 4 times. The first was like you, leg numb but it stopped at the knee. Went on for several days like that but a little less each day. The others weren't as bad. I got stung in the head one time too. I've been a liberal ever since. I suppose it depends on how much venom you got. Don't worry, though, there will be no lasting effects. Now is the time you see them in the house as they come it to get out of the cold. Wear shoes or at least thick socks.

I think my dogs have been stung over the years as well as they are terrified of scorpions and run away when they see one. That might be from our over reaction to get to them and kill them, though, when we spot one.

EDIT: Forget to mention. We found one on our Christmas tree once and sometimes find dead ones in the ornaments boxes. So keep an eye out!
At last someone with experience wonder if after your stung a few times do you develop an immunity to the sting not as bad after the first time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area