Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 09:59 PM

284 posts, read 1,020,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Rookie View Post
Is there an actual statute for this?
Just search Google for "Recycling Fraud" all the stories are about people transporting truck loads though not just a bag or 2 but even redeeming 1 can would still be considered fraud in you bought it in az
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 12:21 AM

394 posts, read 343,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Just search Google for "Recycling Fraud" all the stories are about people transporting truck loads though not just a bag or 2 but even redeeming 1 can would still be considered fraud in you bought it in az
So in other words you can't cite the statute that supports your claim that its illegal. Okay, got it - thanks.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:58 AM

Quote:
So in other words you can't cite the statute that supports your claim that its illegal. Okay, got it - thanks.
https://oag.ca.gov/news/press-releas...ole-35-million

It's fraud,sorry I don't have the exact statute.

Conviction of redemption fraud and the importation of recyclable materials is a felony if the redemption amount is over $400.

It doesn't say but less then $400 must be a misdemeanor. But it's possible they allow you to commit $399 worth of fraud with no consequences.

Also this could be a fake news site, don't know nowadays..

Old 12-17-2016, 01:26 AM

Quote:
California Beverage Container Recycling & Litter Reduction Act
http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/Publica...8/20131478.pdf

Section 8.5

§14595. The Legislature finds and
declares that the redemption of
beverage container material imported
from out of state, previously redeemed
containers, rejected containers, and
line breakage presents a significant
threat to the integrity of the beverage
container recycling program and fund.
It is therefore the intent of the
Legislature that no refund value or
other recycling program payments be
paid to any person for this material. It
is further the intent of the Legislature
that any person participating in
conduct intended to defraud the state's
beverage container recycling program
shall be held accountable for that
conduct.

Hopefully this is acceptable to you..

Old 12-17-2016, 07:36 AM

394 posts, read 343,165 times
^^^ both posts/sources are beneficial - thanks

Old 12-17-2016, 03:42 PM

2,379 posts, read 2,711,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
Recently moved here from Southern California and have always saved aluminum cans and plastic water bottles. I'd take them in when I collected a few large trash bags full and recycle them for $30-$40 each visit to the recycling center.

I've been saving them here in Phoenix ever since I moved in July and have quite a few bags but when I try and find a place that recycles I find out they only pay 30 cents or so per pound compared to $2 per pound in CA for aluminum and about $1.25 per lb on plastic. Am I not looking in the right area or does AZ really not recycle? At the current AZ rate I think I'll just take them back with me when I go visit family back in CA rather than just throw them away here.

Anyone information would be appreciated.
I can't answer the specifics, but Phoenix has never been too interested in re-cycling. Arizona has never been much interested in any environmental issues, except as relates to land. That's why they don't care much about water waste, public transit, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area