Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 03:19 PM

175 posts, read 180,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy6879 View Post
That sales tax you are looking at is probably the state sales tax. Each city has it's own sales tax on top of the state sales tax. I'm in Gilbert, we're 7.8% and we are one of the lower ones. I know one of our neighboring towns is close to 9% (I don't shop there for that reason). Just a heads up on that. Our water bill for a family of 3 (usually 2 since my daughter lives at school) is about $70 a month. That's water and sewer.
Gotcha! What is the difference between sales tax and the 7.8 that youre talking about? And that water and sewer isnt so bad. Its just going to be myself and im rarely home because I work so much so hopefully it wont be as high. Is your home large or small? The approximate square feet of the apartments I like are between 650-800. Unless I go to a two bedroom which right now, might not be affordable, yet.

And how does sewer come in? Is that like, toiler stuff? lol You can tell I know nothing about this stuff. I always had that included aside from Florida. But It was always so little in price, I never bothered to look into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 12:01 PM

I just came back from my trip and I fell in love. Arizona is beautiful. The areas I can afford. I got a job offer. My cat is okay. all I need is child care. Thank you for your help. Arizona is amazing. I love every second. Such a different atmosphere and environment that is PERFECT for me.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:09 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,722,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliedfox View Post
I just came back from my trip and I fell in love. Arizona is beautiful. The areas I can afford. I got a job offer. My cat is okay. all I need is child care. Thank you for your help. Arizona is amazing. I love every second. Such a different atmosphere and environment that is PERFECT for me.
Shhhhhh! Don't say that too loud or others may hear! ;-) Seriously though, I am glad you enjoyed your visit and congrats on the job offer! Did you accept? If so, when are you coming?

Old 02-24-2017, 08:02 PM

I know! A part of my wants to sweep it under the carpet as my own little luxury! It was completely different than jersey. So much space, happy smiles, etc. My airport experience in jersey was rude angry people pointing me every which way, etc annoyed at my first time airport stuff while as in arizona? From leaving my purse on the plane, to the lyft driver explaining me on how to get to her car, etc etc it was all patience, and welcoming! When leaving, the officers were even kind when mistakes were made. I passed onto their side and hes like, "Mam, you cant come back here." I was all, 'oh gosh, sorry!" and hes like, "unless I put you to work!" and then me him and the lady behind all had a laugh and good talk. I loved it. It was sad to fly away from it lol

And thank you!!! I absolutely accepted the job offer! They have two openings, so depending on my roommates situation; its either April or May. Im so excited... I never felt so at home and relaxed. Once I landed in ersey, it was the same. Cramped, people running and you could just FEEL how miserable everyone felt. It was crazy lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area