Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 09:15 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,743,772 times

Advertisements

Take that, Chicago...

These Are the Cities With America's Favorite Pizza | Travel + Leisure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 01:09 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Exclamation Yes. Pizza. Hoo-ray.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:02 PM

770 posts, read 837,624 times
My wife is from Jersey and in the 20 years she has lived here she is amazed how great the pizza here has evolved and blows away the pizza she grew up with in New York and New Jersey. I still can;t get her to touch a Chicago Deep Dish since it's not pizza it's a lasagna to her. I work Downtown and there is so much incedible pizza down there it's crazy.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:26 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
That article must have been written by someone with an agenda, or no taste buds. Take your pick.

There are some decent pizzas here in the Valley, and Ive tried a LOT of them. Heres my take:

Best? Grimaldi's and Lou Malnati's. But those are both NYC and Chicago-based pizzerias anyhow!

Runners up: Spinatos, NYPD (depends on the location), Stumpy's (off Northern), Cibo, Oregano's (Chicago style) and Rosatis ( also Chicago-based - good location: Tatum and Dynamite and Alma School bad: Shea and Scottsdale), and Pizzeria Bianco.

Horrid, NEVER go: Uncle Sams, Pizza Mi, and Mod Pizza.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:00 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,743,772 times
My thoughts:

Perfecto: Pizzeria Bianco, Pane Bianco, Pomo

Will go there again: Streets of New York, Red Devil, Fired Pie, Nello's, Pizza a Metro

Middle of the road: Cibo, Oregano's, Z Pizza, Lou Malnati's (thin pizza, delivery), Pino's

Not going back: NYPD Pizza, Peter Piper, La Piazza PHX

Want to try: Federal Pizza, La Grande Orange, Pizza People Pub

Not interested: Lou Malnati's (deep dish)

Old 02-09-2017, 04:06 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,947,063 times
Venezias Pizza is my go to place

Old 02-09-2017, 04:19 PM

189 posts, read 230,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
My thoughts:

Perfecto: Pizzeria Bianco, Pane Bianco, Pomo
I haven't made it out to Bianco but Forno 301 is better than Pomo, imo

Old 02-09-2017, 05:13 PM

284 posts, read 1,020,713 times
They opened an Oregano's near our house a few months ago. I called them a little after opening one day to place an order for pickup. One of those really thick suffed pizza's that looked good on their website. They told me it would be ready in about 4 hours. Wasn't expecting that but decided to place the order.

My wife and I were starving when we finally picked it up. We were both kinda excited to try it. We both took 1 bite and immediately our excitement turn to discust. The sauce tasted like they dumped a whole bottle of salt in it. My wife couldn't eat more then half of 1 piece. I tried really hard and was able to finish 2 pieces after I scraped off most of the sauce.

We never went back not sure if it was a fluke or its always so salty.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:35 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,502,741 times
Oregano's is usually mentioned as one of the good pizza destinations but it's kind of meh imho.

I like their slogans though.

The one in northern Tempe sometimes advertises it's a marinara dispensary.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:09 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,735,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
That article must have been written by someone with an agenda, or no taste buds. Take your pick.

There are some decent pizzas here in the Valley, and Ive tried a LOT of them. Heres my take:

Best? Grimaldi's and Lou Malnati's. But those are both NYC and Chicago-based pizzerias anyhow!

Runners up: Spinatos, NYPD (depends on the location), Stumpy's (off Northern), Cibo, Oregano's (Chicago style) and Rosatis ( also Chicago-based - good location: Tatum and Dynamite and Alma School bad: Shea and Scottsdale), and Pizzeria Bianco.

Horrid, NEVER go: Uncle Sams, Pizza Mi, and Mod Pizza.
C'mon man.... You bring up Grimaldi's and Lou Lanati's? I don't see either mentioned in the article nor do they appear on any best of Pizza lists in by the many valley publishers.

Phoenix has been coming up on top pizza lists for a while now, it's not like this is breaking news or shocking to anyone who knows the city.

The Parlor
Andreoli
La Piazza al Forno
Federal
Pomo
Cassanova Bros
Bianco
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area