Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 11:12 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The 7 billion Intel is spending is great news but just as good is the Intel development should go a long way in helping attact other such companies.
Yes, other various tech/IT companies often cluster around the presence/shadow of someone big like Intel and I think this new fab plant will accelerate this with the already nice growth we have here with IT growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusland View Post
Great news for ALL of the East valley! Larger companies building in this area no doubt will make other companies give this area a look (or second look...) for investing.
Great news for the entire Phoenix metro as I see it. While most workers will locate closer to the actual plant, money flow/taxes/revenue for Maricopa county as a whole will benefit/reverberate beyond just the east valley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 12:11 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
I was really happy to hear this. This has been somewhat of a depressing issue for us Chandler residents. We had placed a lot of hopes on this factory and when it didn't take off, we were concerned it would be another eyesore. This is really big for the entire Valley. Chandler's economy is really going to go through the roof.

And yes, I agree that Donald Trump indirectly played a role with this. His stance on keeping jobs in the United States has put pressure on companies to reinvest in the United States.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:29 AM

13,687 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I was really happy to hear this. This has been somewhat of a depressing issue for us Chandler residents. We had placed a lot of hopes on this factory and when it didn't take off, we were concerned it would be another eyesore. This is really big for the entire Valley. Chandler's economy is really going to go through the roof.

And yes, I agree that Donald Trump indirectly played a role with this. His stance on keeping jobs in the United States has put pressure on companies to reinvest in the United States.

Yes, its very good news indeed!

Old 02-09-2017, 08:27 AM

2,274 posts, read 3,073,826 times
3,000 new high-paying jobs for the area is fantastic. That's going to have a measurable direct impact. But it's the spinoff and indirect stimulus to the local economy that's going to have an even bigger impact due to this. I expect for more investment announcements to follow, especially along the Price Rd corridor which has become quite the vibrant technology cluster. If and when that Lucid Motors factory comes to fruition I could see some of those suppliers deciding to locate in that South and West Chandler area, as well.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:32 PM

430 posts, read 290,340 times
Default Intel to invest $7 billion to Phoenix Plant

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/08/t...zona.html?_r=0

Any of ya'll Zonans thoughts?

Old 02-09-2017, 06:58 PM

594 posts, read 698,211 times
They were actually talking about this overseas on the news in Europe.
Unbelievable good news.
They all laughed at me when I said Arizona was becoming an international player, they scoffed at the thought of Arizona being the new face of the West, I've been called an idiot, a fool, etc.
But look at us now.
And it's only just starting.
I recognized long ago that this place is absolutely the best peice of real estate on planet earth.
God spent more time here to create a masterpiece in the middle of the desert and saten set and watched him do it.
Arizona used to be called the worst place to live in America.
Lesson # 1. ..........always believe the exact opposite of what saten has to say.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:26 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Intel is cool but wtf is "saten set"?

Old 02-09-2017, 07:33 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,500,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
These are the kind of higher-wage jobs that our metro area has always been criticized for lacking so the more of these we can pull in, the better, for sure.

It's really such a different environment than 5-to-10 years ago during the depths of the Recession. I hope we never forget what it was like, it's good to remember those lessons learned. I don't want the "growth machine" to get too overheated like 10+ years ago, but actual JOBS like this that are independent of residential real estate are always fantastic.
Well-written.

It's not too surprising this is happening in Chandler, one of the best suburbs in the whole Phoenix MSA.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:37 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,500,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
Why this is about Intel bring 3000 jobs here based off a meeting the CEO had with Trump today. This seems like a positive to me but I guess the anti Trump contingent don't want to hear it.

#MAGA
Oh but but but,

Republicans are supposed to be against mixing government with business.

Isn't what Trump did the total opposite of what the party stands for?

Old 02-09-2017, 07:45 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,175,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post

If we get the border adjustment tax that will be yuuuge. I sure hope so. It would make exports from Chandler and across the valley 20% more competitive and imports 20% less competitive. When I was in Cologne, Germany there were factories everywhere. I hope we can get more manufacturing going here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area