Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 11:29 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,692,569 times

Advertisements

How can you have a job offer and not even have looked at a map yet? No wonder people move here and end up hating it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 12:08 PM

12 posts, read 8,340 times
Well I dont have a job offer. My partner does in Glendale and I have looked at the map and googled things which is why I thought that I could live in another city and drive to work in another. The drive times where no more than 45 min. (She's a driver by the way). We were moving to Phoenix before the job offer because its in Glendale is why I chose that's city. I currently live in one city and work in another. I'm having trouble with distance. I'm not good at that or maps which is why I'm asking for help. Thanks for your input it appreciated.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:31 PM

594 posts, read 699,426 times
(...seeing a day below 100 degrees in summer makes people happy)

Makes YOU happy, a lot of us love the summer and ALL that it brings so PLEASE speak for yourself !

Old 03-07-2017, 01:36 PM

594 posts, read 699,426 times
To the OP :
Could you please enlighten us on where you read that Arizona is unfriendly to blacks.
Just curious because this is 2017 and with the noted growth of Arizona , I would have heard that or read it too.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:45 PM

I read different people talking about their own experiences on this very forum. I also read about a couple of cities on a cite called Phxsoul.Com. Yes a lot of people have informed me of the growth in diversity in different cities. Thats neither here nor there since that is not my main concern. I don't think I ever said unfriendly, because everyone in one city is not the same. And I would never base a city of of one incident. I asked for the more diverse communities. Pardon me for not being more clear.

Last edited by ivoryc; 03-07-2017 at 01:53 PM..

Old 03-07-2017, 01:46 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,435,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryc View Post
Hello,l I am an an African American 31 year old woman I have two daughters (7 &10) and I also will be relocating with my partner. I know that Arizona is where we are moving because she has a job offer their starting in June. I believe the job is it actually located in Glendale so we want to live within 45 min from tbere. . . .

The cities that I have looked at that are at least 45 min from her job are Tempe, Glendale, Mesa, Laveen. One more question are these areas parts of Phoenix or just close. Any feedback is appreciated.

The cities you list include Glendale, the city where her job is. Laveen is not a separate city or town, but a neighborhood within the Phoenix city limits. It's likely within that 45 minute drive. The older part of Laveen has big lots that allow large animals.

Tempe and Mesa are suburbs of Phoenix (separate cities) and are on the wrong side of the Valley if you want to be within a 45 minute commute.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:49 PM

Thanks that's the kind of information that's useful to me. I don't understand the names and what's a city or part of a city. Like when I asked where the job was the company said Phoenix it was not until a month later did they say Glendale. So while im searchung for houses on different sites that may explain why nothing comes up when I enter Laveen AZ. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area