Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2017, 05:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,802 times

Advertisements

Hi! I just accepted a teaching position in Buckeye, AZ and will be moving in about three months from Chicago. I have only been to the Phoenix area once and that was a while back. I am seeking advice on the best places to rent that are relatively close to Buckeye (no more than 20 miles)! If you would be willing to help this Chicago girl or would be willing to give me any great advice, I would definitely appreciate it! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 06:01 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,242,549 times
This is easy...Goodyear, Buckeye, or Litchfield Park (last only because it is further than the other two) in that order.

Check out Verrado, Estrella and the many other nice neighborhoods in those three cities.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:36 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,102,516 times
Welcome to Arizona! It's going to be a bit hotter in Buckeye than you are used to, but on your weekends an hour or two drive can solve that easily.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:32 PM

77 posts, read 74,589 times
Welcome to Phoenix! It's going to be HOT by the time you move here. I'd hire movers if I were you. Well, I always hire movers; doesn't matter the time of the year. Just saying .

Old 03-09-2017, 10:26 PM

346 posts, read 550,669 times
I second looking at Verrado. I live in its sister master planned community of Marley Park in Surprise and they are both wonderful places to live if you are moving to a new state. People really welcome new residents, neighbors know their neighbors, and there are community celebrations (and amenities) that allow new families to connect quickly with long time residents. You definitely owe it to your family to check it out.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:17 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,377,922 times
If you think you're going to stay, buy a place. Buckeye is cheap for homes right now.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:18 PM

8 posts, read 21,411 times
Default another newby

Just wondering how you like it in Buckeye now. How are the schools? What can you tell someone who is contemplating a move there and a teaching position? Thanks.

Old 06-26-2017, 03:11 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,472,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpelak26 View Post
Hi! I just accepted a teaching position in Buckeye, AZ and will be moving in about three months from Chicago. I have only been to the Phoenix area once and that was a while back. I am seeking advice on the best places to rent that are relatively close to Buckeye (no more than 20 miles)! If you would be willing to help this Chicago girl or would be willing to give me any great advice, I would definitely appreciate it! Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
Just wondering how you like it in Buckeye now. How are the schools? What can you tell someone who is contemplating a move there and a teaching position? Thanks.

The above post was in March 2017, it's now June. At best, vpelak just got here. And, hasn't started working as a teacher yet. But, perhaps some of our other posters can help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area