Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 04:23 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,161,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
City of Gilbert has some adaptive recreation classes (ok for someone with special needs)

https://www.gilbertaz.gov/department...ion/recreation

I am sure Chandler has something like that as well.
Yup...Break Time: Break Time Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 08:32 AM

175 posts, read 180,956 times
Ah sweet. It's so awesome to have so many options! We're definitely going to be having a. Last, my son and I.

But what about just for myself? What's the best way to get out more and meet people as a single 24 year old woman besides bars and clubs? I don't drink and I can't dance to save my life so those are just.. out lol and I'm not looking for a partner or anything, just a nice way to make some friends and go out and have fun. I'm a thrills lover so hiking, roller coasters, (I think i gotta go to California for those) amongst other things.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:07 AM

Well...can't help you there. I will say my wife met some of her best friends via MOMs Club...as far as the singles scene in the East Valley...I haven't been single in a long time so I'll leave that to others to comment on. I believe there are some singles meet up groups out there...as far as roller coasters the only place I can think of is Castles and Coasters over at MetroCenter. Definitely NOT Six Flags or anything but...it is what we have.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:42 AM

Yeah, I did research the coasters in Arizona and theyre more teenager friendly than adult friendly. I made the oh so horrible sacrifice of having six flags in my state to move to Arizona lmao Okay, its not that serious. I only go once or twice a year, so having to travel 5+ hours to California for thrill rides is fine by me. I just dont want to be the debby downer and go all alone. :P But thank you, Kurt! I still have your viable options and will probably be starting one or two within a few days.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:11 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,816,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliedfox View Post
Ah sweet. It's so awesome to have so many options! We're definitely going to be having a. Last, my son and I.

But what about just for myself? What's the best way to get out more and meet people as a single 24 year old woman besides bars and clubs? I don't drink and I can't dance to save my life so those are just.. out lol and I'm not looking for a partner or anything, just a nice way to make some friends and go out and have fun. I'm a thrills lover so hiking, roller coasters, (I think i gotta go to California for those) amongst other things.
You should probably try Meetup or some similar type of event. Possibly even join Facebook events and festivals to carpool with people from your area and you'll get to meet with them and chat! Or even befriend coworkers, it's not as weird as you'd think unless it's a manager or something like that.

I've moved here for a job almost a year ago and I'm in a similar situation as you are, I just don't have kids and I'm slightly older at 27. Seems like everyone around me is either married, in school, working their butts off, or hitting up Tempe/Scottsdale for the bars. I made some friends through my job so we hang out and chill every once in a while on the weekends and sometimes have fun like board game night. I haven't made any "true" friends where, we actually get to know each other, don't work in the same building, and go out and do stuff. All of my friends/family are in LA so, I fly back every now and then to get my social appetite going. Good luck!

Old 04-05-2017, 06:54 PM

Thank you dear! I will definitely take a look into it. im sure that when i start college at ASU it will give me more of a way to meet others my age and interested in the same things. I love all the responses I got so far. It's definitely going to help my son. Who is the most important thing.. I can come around alter when I start working and school. Cant wait for the kid to have some fun when he arrives !!!!

Old 04-05-2017, 08:46 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,507,229 times
Waterparks, zoos, and aquariums are some good places have a fun day with the children and possibly meet and socialize with other young parents.

Wildlife World Zoo is a very popular attraction in the west valley and so is the Phoenix Zoo.

Wildlife World Zoo has a nice aquarium and so does Arizona Mills in Tempe.

There's also Dolphinaris in Scottsdale.

I know of three popular waterparks, they are good gathering places when the weather turns hotter.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
Waterparks, zoos, and aquariums are some good places have a fun day with the children and possibly meet and socialize with other young parents.

Wildlife World Zoo is a very popular attraction in the west valley and so is the Phoenix Zoo.

Wildlife World Zoo has a nice aquarium and so does Arizona Mills in Tempe.

There's also Dolphinaris in Scottsdale.

I know of three popular waterparks, they are good gathering places when the weather turns hotter.
And I, as well as my son, LOVE water parks. So these suggestions were pretty damn great.

Dolphinaris sounds AMAZING. I WOULD LOVE TO DO THIS. Welp, looks like I have plan out a day especially for this. Thannnnkkk you!

Old 04-05-2017, 09:31 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,507,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliedfox View Post
And I, as well as my son, LOVE water parks. So these suggestions were pretty damn great.

Dolphinaris sounds AMAZING. I WOULD LOVE TO DO THIS. Welp, looks like I have plan out a day especially for this. Thannnnkkk you!
You are welcome.

I haven't had a chance to experience Dolphinaris yet but I have been to the zoos and aquariums I wrote about earlier, and some of the waterparks.

They're great places for families because they provide a good outing for both the children and parents, and they give parents a chance to mingle with other parents.

The zoos, waterparks, and aquariums are some of my favorite places to be in the hot summertime and I'm not even a parent.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:53 AM

Oh...one more thing, the Chandler/Gilbert/Mesa City waterparks are only $1 to get into (or $1.50...I forget) so they are a serious possibility rather than having to pay $50+ for Wet N'Wild...plus you don't have to drive an hour to get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area