Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 10:29 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
What's the best way to socialize in Phoenix/Gilbert/chandler?
I used to walk up and say: "Hi, Babe. Nice day if it don't rain".

That may not necessarily work for you.

It didn't always work for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 12:05 PM

175 posts, read 180,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
I used to walk up and say: "Hi, Babe. Nice day if it don't rain".

That may not necessarily work for you.

It didn't always work for me.
lmao, No, that definitely doesnt usually work for me. Im a little shy at first. But thanks for the laugh.

Old 04-06-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
You are welcome.

I haven't had a chance to experience Dolphinaris yet but I have been to the zoos and aquariums I wrote about earlier, and some of the waterparks.

They're great places for families because they provide a good outing for both the children and parents, and they give parents a chance to mingle with other parents.

The zoos, waterparks, and aquariums are some of my favorite places to be in the hot summertime and I'm not even a parent.
I absolutely agree. I researched them last night and already have an order of which im going to visit. :P OBVIOUSLY dolphins are my first go/ Ive always wanted to swim with dolphins and then POOF ARIZONA HAS THAT OPTION HGSD;JGHDFLKGSHKLJ I am spazzing happiness. I knew Arizona was going to be fun for the kid but i never imagined THIS FUN

Quote:
KurtAZ Oh...one more thing, the Chandler/Gilbert/Mesa City waterparks are only $1 to get into (or $1.50...I forget) so they are a serious possibility rather than having to pay $50+ for Wet N'Wild...plus you don't have to drive an hour to get there.
Ohhhh, I love Arizona and how it cares for its residents. Thank you again, Kurt! you are extremely informative! Every post I read from you is spot on. Thanks for all that you do to help the community via internet! <3

Old 04-06-2017, 12:52 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
You are very welcome...don't forget to get the kiddo up to the High Country this summer as well. Bearzona is pretty cool, there is a deer park, camping and/or hotels. Williams also hosts the Polar Express in the winter...that can get kind of pricey and frequently sells out quickly...but it was fun when the kids were little.

Kohls Ranch outside Payson can be a fun getaway in the summer as well.

Old 04-06-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
You are very welcome...don't forget to get the kiddo up to the High Country this summer as well. Bearzona is pretty cool, there is a deer park, camping and/or hotels. Williams also hosts the Polar Express in the winter...that can get kind of pricey and frequently sells out quickly...but it was fun when the kids were little.

Kohls Ranch outside Payson can be a fun getaway in the summer as well.
My god, you did it again. I definitely thinking going to Bearizona would be particularly fun for the entire family. My son LOVES animals, zoos, etc. Why my ex and I are still working on our personal communication, when it comes to our son; we are spot on the same page. He would love what the wild life park can offer. Definitely something we, as a family, could do before he goes back to Florida.

So thank you, AGAIN for being superb. I wish I could rate your posts over and over for how spectacular and informative they are <3

Old 04-07-2017, 11:40 AM

173 posts, read 170,666 times
I recommend joining meetups (We are what we do | Meetup). Meetups are a great way to meet people and make friends, especially when moving to a new city.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:38 PM

Thanks for all the helps guys! will definitely be doing all of this! At Bearizona today with the fam. Thank you <3

Old 04-10-2017, 06:01 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,367,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliedfox View Post
Thanks for all the helps guys! will definitely be doing all of this! At Bearizona today with the fam. Thank you <3
Good for you, you wasted no time getting out there and trying things! With that kind of mindset I am sure you will stay busy and entertained in this Valley with so many things to do year-round.

Some of the local resorts have fantastic summer deals...a lot of locals will book a room for a night or two at one of the resorts with huge pool/water setups and enjoy the pools and a nice staycation kind of experience. Some of these resorts have literally a dozen pools, water slides, sand beach pools, you name it. So that's something else to look forward to. There are also a few good water parks in the Valley as well if you're into water parks.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
Good for you, you wasted no time getting out there and trying things! With that kind of mindset I am sure you will stay busy and entertained in this Valley with so many things to do year-round.

Some of the local resorts have fantastic summer deals...a lot of locals will book a room for a night or two at one of the resorts with huge pool/water setups and enjoy the pools and a nice staycation kind of experience. Some of these resorts have literally a dozen pools, water slides, sand beach pools, you name it. So that's something else to look forward to. There are also a few good water parks in the Valley as well if you're into water parks.
Absolutely love water parks! So does my son. He thinks hes a dolphin. Probably got that from being in florida with his dad :P Hes starting to get the hang of the pool where I live but I know hell love the small kiddy places. So feel free to let me know of some good ones! I dont mind making an hour or two drive for a waterpark since i will be making thee 6 hour drive to San diego beach, tomorrow lol.

I absolutely bearizona. My son wanted to touch the animals lol It was nice family thing to do and to wish my my son's father good bye today with good memories.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:18 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,502,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliedfox View Post
Absolutely love water parks! So does my son. He thinks hes a dolphin. Probably got that from being in florida with his dad :P Hes starting to get the hang of the pool where I live but I know hell love the small kiddy places. So feel free to let me know of some good ones! I dont mind making an hour or two drive for a waterpark since i will be making thee 6 hour drive to San diego beach, tomorrow lol.

I absolutely bearizona. My son wanted to touch the animals lol It was nice family thing to do and to wish my my son's father good bye today with good memories.
Have you visited Sealife aquarium yet? It's a fun place for the children and adults.

Here's some information on it. https://www.visitsealife.com/arizona/

It's inside Arizona Mills and there is a Lego playground next to it, you shouldn't be bored there with those attractions in addition to the dining and shopping choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area