Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2008, 07:26 PM

48 posts, read 297,084 times

Advertisements

Another place to move to!
Which would be the best place to live in the Phoenix area. Job offering in Mesa. Things to think abut are, not such a big city, good schools, things to do, friendly community, good housing, lower pricing, maybe even wildlife too =] Any other additional info can be included.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 08:15 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,611,587 times
Working in Mesa? Check Gilbert, Queen Creek, Tempe, and Val Vista Lakes in Mesa...

Old 03-07-2008, 06:07 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,788,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Worki
ng in Mesa? Check Gilbert, Queen Creek, Tempe, and Val Vista Lakes in Mesa...
I agree with the choices when working in Mesa, and just as a matter of clarification, Val Vista Lakes is in Gilbert. Mesa ends at Baseline where Gilbert begins. Val Vista Lakes is just south of Baseline.

East and north east Mesa is also a choice when working in Mesa. There are some really nice communities.

You'll be able to find a home to match your budget in either of the areas.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:21 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,709,963 times
Tempe and Val Vista Lakes in Gilbert would both be good bets. Tempe seems to cater to the younger crowd (main ASU campus is in Tempe) but also has a good number of families. Tempe has Mill Avenue with bars and nightlife and the pricing is generally lower in Tempe than it would be in Gilbert. Val Vista Lakes is a great commuity with a wide range of housing prices but doesn't exactly have the "fun" vibe of Tempe. Val Vista is mainly families and some retired couples. Either would be a great choice.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:52 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,326,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinkaMink25 View Post
Another place to move to!
Which would be the best place to live in the Phoenix area. Job offering in Mesa. Things to think abut are, not such a big city, good schools, things to do, friendly community, good housing, lower pricing, maybe even wildlife too =] Any other additional info can be included.

Thanks
Depending on where the job is located in Mesa, I would suggest Scottsdale.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:55 PM

What about Fountain Hills or Chandler or Glendale? Are those good cities?
I heard Fountain Hill the kids are snobby and rich
And do elaborate on Gilbert, it seems nice.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:45 PM

674 posts, read 2,554,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinkaMink25 View Post
Glendale is way too far. Your commute can be at least 1 hour each way, depending on your work hours.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:23 PM

Yeah but see we come from the North, my dad travels about an hour and a half to his work now

Old 03-07-2008, 09:21 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,709,963 times
Quote:
Ehh I don't know who told you that Fountain Hills' kids are snooby and rich (are kids even rich?) but I'd say they're pretty far off the mark. Fountain Hills, while being an upscale area, isn't as wealthy as much of Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, or even some parts of Chandler. Kids can be snobby in any city and while I personally don't know any kids from Fountain Hills, I have met ones from Mesa that fit the stereotypical yuppie-BMW-Starbucks-self important type. I happen to think Fountain Hills is sort of a hidden gem in the Valley, beautiful area with an fairly affordable real estate market compared to its' neighbor Scottsdale. As long as you stay away from those hilltop mansions, you can get a nice, smaller home from upper $300K's to low $400K's.

As far as Gilbert, I believe it was named the fatest growing US city over 100K or something along those lines. Gilbert is pretty much made up of families with quite a few great parks within the city. Gilbert has a few master-planned communities that cater to all ages and all budgets. You won't find many older areas in Gilbert (older for Phoenix means 1960's and 1970's); everything is pretty new and very well kept. Traffic from Gilbert to Phoenix, Mesa, or Scottsdale is going to be pretty heavy during peak hours but most find that fighting the traffic is worth being able to live in a safe and affordable community. Just search Gilbert, AZ on google and you'll find a ton of information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area