Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 03:38 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,290,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
You couldn't pay me to live in QC it's an exurb that boomed before the housing bust. It's cookie cutter Homes made with cheap materials out in the middle of nowhere. I guess if you don't commute and bang for your buck is important then go for it.
You're thinking of San Tan Valley. Queen Creek has a shtload of nicer large lot custom and semi custom properties and is basically a nicer extension of SE Gilbert. If you go a little SE of QC you start to see the low price point tract homes in STV. Being that it's probably within 15-25 minutes from their work in Chandler, it won't be a terrible location if they don't need to be near nightlife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 05:35 PM

770 posts, read 839,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
You're thinking of San Tan Valley. Queen Creek has a shtload of nicer large lot custom and semi custom properties and is basically a nicer extension of SE Gilbert. If you go a little SE of QC you start to see the low price point tract homes in STV. Being that it's probably within 15-25 minutes from their work in Chandler, it won't be a terrible location if they don't need to be near nightlife.
Queen Creek /SanTan Valley same thing and zero desire to live in either one.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Me neither but they are far from the same thing. One is much more upscale than the other

Old 05-31-2017, 06:30 PM

200 posts, read 414,538 times
Quote:
To each their own....
I have to disagree with you on that statement. I live in the Pecans and you won't find anything like it in phx.
I moved here in 2000 and have built 3 homes in the same neighborhood, just keep moving down the street. Definitely not San tan valley.....
The pecans.com

Old 05-31-2017, 06:34 PM

200 posts, read 414,538 times
Quote:
You couldn't pay me to live in QC it's an exurb that boomed before the housing bust. It's cookie cutter Homes made with cheap materials out in the middle of nowhere. I guess if you don't commute and bang for your buck is important then go for it.
Just curious, since I'm a homebuilder, but do you think tract homes are built with different materials in different parts of the valley?

Old 05-31-2017, 08:25 PM

770 posts, read 839,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandduner View Post
Just curious, since I'm a homebuilder, but do you think tract homes are built with different materials in different parts of the valley?
Nope pretty much all the houses built during the boom were built as cheap as possible with chicken wireless and Chinese drywall. They are built on top of each other with yards the size of a stamp.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:57 AM

19,455 posts, read 27,902,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
The magic question: where will you be working?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdarkness View Post
In Chandler
Then ignore all the posts suggesting areas on the west side. Personally, that commute would be too much for me from Casa Grande, too.

I'd add Apache Junction to the possibilities.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:08 AM

4,073 posts, read 5,164,631 times
Living in QC...working in Chandler...and you "need" 4000 sqft? Have you considered upkeep, commute time, electricity costs? I understand the need for land but QC is way out there. Even the commute to Chandler is going to be upwards of 30-45 minutes, depending on traffic. If your budget is in the $500k range you can look closer in if you reduce your square footage needs and concentrate on the floorplan "flow". Depending on how the home is laid out a 2500 - 3000 sqft home can be more usable with the right configuration.

If you are dead set on QC...you could do worse but understand that you are about 40 miles out of Downtown if you ever want to go down there for any reason. They have their own hospital and shopping out there...it is not as bad as it was in say...2008 when there were NO amenities and "drive until you qualify" was the mantra. If you are satisfied with the amenities in QC, you do you. You could definitely do worse.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:20 AM

2,292 posts, read 3,093,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Then ignore all the posts suggesting areas on the west side. Personally, that commute would be too much for me from Casa Grande, too.

I'd add Apache Junction to the possibilities.
Yeah, clearly a lot of people missed that the OP would be working in Chandler. Personally, you could do a lot worse than Queen Creek for the money. Queen Creek is pretty nice these days and growing fast, so there's a lot more to do there now than there was even 5 years ago. It's become almost an extension of south Gilbert, with schools ratings actually pretty similar and similar types of new developments. You have some quaint, unique places line Schnepf Farms and The Olive Mill, and some quality newer master plans.

To those comparing San Tan Valley to the QC - not even close. The further you go down Hunt Highway the cheaper and cheaper it gets - in both price and quality of construction. Many of the same builders/developers who built up Gilbert are now doing so in Queen Creek because land in Gilbert has gotten crazy expensive (and much more scarce).

To be honest, if you are looking for a larger house on a large lot then QC is about the only choice for someone working in Chandler because anything closer in is going to be above the price range while STV or AJ is too far and you will likely be sacrificing quality of schools and amenities/services nearby.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
I understand the need for land but QC is way out there. Even the commute to Chandler is going to be upwards of 30-45 minutes, depending on traffic.
You do understand that Queen Creek starts about 5 miles East of the Chandler border, along Queen Creek Rd?

I think my estimate of 15-25 minutes is more accurate, I suppose more if work is in the far NW part of Chandler and the home is at the for SE part of Queen Creek. I think many forget that the far reaches of what was once called "Queen Creek" is now called San Tan Valley. QC is the relatively smaller community closer to Gilbert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area