Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 09:54 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,333,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
we close on July 7th, and can move in any time after that..

depending on movers availability, and other things, hope to be in new house by August 1st..I cant imagine the poor movers moving stuff this time of year, but I guess they are young, and used to it!

believe it or not, I am the only swimmer in my house; although 5 of our 8 neighbors on the block have pools, so finding one for me shouldn't be too hard!
When the family gets here, they will all become swimmers, trust me! There is no other place to be this time of year! When I bought my house my #1 thing I HAD to have was a pool. The house just came with it.

June is typically the hottest month here, though it will still be hot in August. (and September, and October LOL)

The humidity has been very low the last few days, it was 5% yesterday! Get used to drinking LOTS of water!

Old 06-15-2017, 10:22 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,935,987 times
its 83 degrees here now, with 80% humidity..yuk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 10:53 AM

550 posts, read 1,131,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
What? How did you get a fridge in your car?
It's a portable refrigerator for cars. We bought it for the trips we made years ago between Houston and Phoenix. It's over 10 years old and still working.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
It's a portable refrigerator for cars. We bought it for the trips we made years ago between Houston and Phoenix.
boy, talk about a HOT trip...

Old 06-15-2017, 12:49 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,757,314 times
Quote:
sounds like I might be over thinking just a bit
obviously, going straight home after shopping is the number one thing to keep in mind

do grocery stores open earlier/close later to accommodate shopping before the big bake starts in earnest?

thanks again for all the input
Our Frys is open 5am to 1am, only closed 4 hours a day. The walmart by us is 24x7 and they have a full grocery store. Safeway is 5am-midnight. I don't know if the hours are different further out, were close to downtown Tempe and I've never lived on the outskirts where you'll be.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
thanks Elle, we're excited about moving out there, and these discussions are helping us bide the time until we get out there to actually enjoy the great state of Arizona!
The heat really gets over dramatized, even though it's going to be 120 it's not that much different than the 110-115 levels we get to every year. Nobody likes it but it's just life here and you adapt a bit to avoid being out in it. My guess is you'll be surprised how much you were overthinking it after you get here and settle in a bit.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:55 PM

im sure your right loco, the waiting is the hardest part..

EVERYTHING on the internet is over dramatized!

we'll be out there next fri/sat, and its supposed to be 113 those days, so we'll see

Old 06-15-2017, 02:33 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,333,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
The heat really gets over dramatized, even though it's going to be 120 it's not that much different than the 110-115 levels we get to every year. Nobody likes it but it's just life here and you adapt a bit to avoid being out in it. My guess is you'll be surprised how much you were overthinking it after you get here and settle in a bit.
Ahem. Nobody?

Perfect pool weather!

Old 06-15-2017, 03:24 PM

159 posts, read 398,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Agreed! I never cease to be amazed by the concerns of prospective residents over scorpions and how we cope with the heat. But even more surprising are often those of residents already here. Insulated bags and coolers? I have been here most of my ancient life and all of my grocery shopping life and have never shopped with a cooler or an insulated bag. The food is not going to thaw or spoil on a short trip home from the store. That's just nuts. Keep all the frozen and cool stuff together as you check out and it ends up in the same bags. The thermal mass of the collected frozen items will take a good deal longer to warm than a 20 minute trip home. When you get home deal with the cold stuff bags first. Then go sit under the ceiling fan with the curtains closed, listen to the sound of the AC burning through your savings, and enjoy the Arizona retirement lifestyle.
I keep a collapsible cooler in my car trunk and a old banged up full size cooler in my truck bed for groceries in case I need to stop elsewhere on the way home from shopping (there aways seems to be something else to do on the way home..). Sound of the AC?... Not quite time yet to turn off the evap yet!

Old 06-16-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Ahem. Nobody?

Perfect pool weather!
Lol, okay, some people do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area