Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2017, 11:08 AM

239 posts, read 724,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzbk2l View Post
Having lived in both the SS area (luxury apartments on Superstition Springs Blvd near Harkins, Carrabba's, and Outback) and east of AJ (at the base of the Superstitions), I can say they are vastly different but both great places to live. There's certainly more to do on the Power Road corridor, but there's also more noise & traffic day & night. Almost all parts of AJ, and especially the semi-rural areas north and east of the city limits, are darker at night, quieter, and have far less traffic than the SS area.

The 10-minute drive from AJ to the Power Rd. exit makes living in AJ and working near Superstition Springs an easy commute, but for some reason it seems to make the drive in to Phoenix or Tempe take forever. I never minded running in to Phoenix on an errand when I lived on SS Blvd, but it seems like an all day drive from AJ!

There are several large apartment complexes within a couple miles of the SS mall, but not nearly as many in AJ, and I don't think any in AJ that are as nice.

There are countless opportunities for retail employment around the SS area, so if you're looking to live on the eastern edge of the valley there's no reason to live or work any further west than there.
Thanks! Nice Post.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 11:17 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,955,230 times
everything north of Southern in that area is going to be retirees. Apache Junction has some nice areas up in the foothills, but the rest has a meth problem.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:31 PM

120 posts, read 166,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
but the rest has a meth problem.
Except no more than anywhere else in Arizona. The 1990's have been over for awhile.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:04 AM

1,551 posts, read 3,643,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
everything north of Southern in that area is going to be retirees. Apache Junction has some nice areas up in the foothills, but the rest has a meth problem.
Wow, apparently you haven't been to AJ in decades. Some of the nicest, most beautiful homes I've seen anywhere in the valley are in AJ. at the base of the Superstitions. A new shopping center is being built with a huge Frys as the core. Many new luxury executive homes have been built on the north side of AJ and have all sold before they were finished.
I live near Ellsworth and Brown and while not technically AJ, some family and friends live in AJ so I'm there all the time.
AJ is just a very cool little western town that happens to be very close to the big city.
I can be at two lakes in minutes, I could take in a bull riding competition, I could take the dirt bikes out in the desert, horseback rides, dune buggys, ghost towns, Arizona Opera is in AJ, and the views of the Superstitions are breath taking.
AJ isn't Scottsdale or Beverly Hills but it is a very fun place to live and it has a lot to offer for the outdoorsy folks.
Well, i have to go or I'd write more. I've been here 6 years now and I can't imagine living anywhere else in the valley.

Old 07-16-2017, 07:37 AM

Apache Junction is not that bad from what I've seen though, it's pretty cool.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:33 PM

Would love to hear more responses.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:49 PM

202 posts, read 219,864 times
Some people here like to bash places like AJ or any seemingly run down place place. Immediately you hear about widespread meth use or gangs. Yeah, it has some problems, but it's so overblown.

I think AJ is a fine place to live as long as you don't have to commute far away like Phoenix because it is probably the farthest East decently sized city in the Phoenix area. AJ has a very old town feel to it. It's also close to the mountains, so it's actually beautiful in a Western way. You're also close to Canyon Lake and hiking trails.

Be prepared for lots of trailers though. That's one thing that's too prevalent there.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasaz View Post
Some people here like to bash places like AJ or any seemingly run down place place. Immediately you hear about widespread meth use or gangs. Yeah, it has some problems, but it's so overblown.

I think AJ is a fine place to live as long as you don't have to commute far away like Phoenix because it is probably the farthest East decently sized city in the Phoenix area. AJ has a very old town feel to it. It's also close to the mountains, so it's actually beautiful in a Western way. You're also close to Canyon Lake and hiking trails.

Be prepared for lots of trailers though. That's one thing that's too prevalent there.
Thoughts on the job market in Mesa, Arizona?

Old 08-02-2017, 04:37 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
Would love to hear more responses.

Please stop bumping your own thread. As someone upthread already told you, it is against the rules here.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:12 AM

202 posts, read 219,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
Thoughts on the job market in Mesa, Arizona?
The job market is OK. I really don't know what you're looking for and what jobs are available. There are obviously service related jobs. I'm not sure about anything else. More jobs are found in Phoenix and some parts of Chandler and Tempe. Most jobs in the area you're looking at will be found in Mesa as AJ is barely a city. Mesa's job market should improve in the near future because East Mesa has some plans for big business (i.e. tech companies and distribution centers). I know that Boeing is already there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area