Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2017, 04:02 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,338,758 times

Advertisements

After dumping on Chandler mall, I wanted to share some actual good news for once. I've spent some time in Queen Creek recently. I'm sure the people living in Queen Creek will be upset with me for giving away their secret but QC looks amazing. Just in terms of appearance, it's arguably the nicest appearing city in the southeast Valley overtaking yes Chandler and Gilbert. A lot of that has to do with the fact that it is so new but it's a really nice looking community. I remember when it was a little dumpy town that was close to Gilbert. Now, it can stand on it's own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 01:40 AM

977 posts, read 1,112,010 times
Queen Creek is a nice area, but along with the improvement has come an enormous population explosion---primarily in the neighboring San Tan Valley developments. The two basically run into each other, and the last figures I heard (about a year ago) puts the population of STV at approximately 100,000 people. Building is still proceeding at a rapid pace, with several housing developments going up in both Queen Creek and STV. Unfortunately, that adds to traffic congestion, especially when the "snowbirds" arrive. Much of the commercial development has been that of fast food restaurants, some increased retail stores, and little else. Soon this area will become indistinguishable from the rest of the Valley, as the fields disappear and trees are removed. That saddens me somewhat.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:39 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,955,199 times
Last time I checked there was a major traffic problem during rush hour which has always been the major problem with the QC area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area