Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2017, 09:09 AM

221 posts, read 193,381 times

Advertisements

Passed through five intersections between 6:00-7:15 this morning which had SUV and motorcycle police presence. Witnessed a Tesla driver pulled over as passed a bicyclist who apparently had blown through a stop sign (and was being ticketed).

Each stakeout was well executed as there was scant chance of detection due to bush and low branch undercover. One was even observing from a private driveway.

Not having witnessed this before, the area has bike paths and areas which don't have heavy use by two wheelers. Passed by a group of 15 peddlers they said it was Torment Tuesday instead of Taco Tuesday I ask: is this an ever-so-often event in this tract?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 11:58 AM

770 posts, read 839,669 times
The actual Town of Paradox Valley doesn't want any outsiders. One of the wealthy residents paid for cameras to be installed and every car going in is recorded. This is after a high profile double murder of the Shapiros.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:15 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,472,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
The actual Town of Paradox Valley doesn't want any outsiders. One of the wealthy residents paid for cameras to be installed and every car going in is recorded. This is after a high profile double murder of the Shapiros.

Do you have a link for that? Yes, they are the only city that still has photo radar, there's plenty of infor about that out there (not just red light cameras). but recording every car license passing through? That's a whole different thing.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Do you have a link for that? Yes, they are the only city that still has photo radar, there's plenty of infor about that out there (not just red light cameras). but recording every car license passing through? That's a whole different thing.
Here are some articles when they installed the cameras.

Cacti cameras watching over Paradise Valley - 3TV | CBS 5

http://carterlawaz.com/2015/05/whats...radise-valley/

Old 08-15-2017, 02:07 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,472,793 times
Quote:
Here are some articles when they installed the cameras.

Cacti cameras watching over Paradise Valley - 3TV | CBS 5

What

Thanks. There was something familiar about what you said, but the links didn't come up when I looked. Shooting a fly with an elephant gun, here.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Thanks. There was something familiar about what you said, but the links didn't come up when I looked. Shooting a fly with an elephant gun, here.
I couldn't find it but I remember channel 10 did a story about this and the fun divorce the cameras and the storage. The city couldn't afford the millions of dollars for the system because it's not a revenue generator. One of the wealthy residents donated the money to get it put in I believe it's was over 2 million dollars.

The resident were concerned with criminals targeting them and with the murders they were on edge and these plate readers were implemented. Stop criminals before they can enter the city.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:23 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,186,205 times
Quote:
I couldn't find it but I remember channel 10 did a story about this and the fun divorce the cameras and the storage. The city couldn't afford the millions of dollars for the system because it's not a revenue generator. One of the wealthy residents donated the money to get it put in I believe it's was over 2 million dollars.

The resident were concerned with criminals targeting them and with the murders they were on edge and these plate readers were implemented. Stop criminals before they can enter the city.
Paradise Valley is highlighting our future here: total surveillance so that if there's any infraction on your vehicle you can be located and stopped anywhere. For better or worse.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:21 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,980,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
Paradise Valley is highlighting our future here: total surveillance so that if there's any infraction on your vehicle you can be located and stopped anywhere. For better or worse.
I don't think that will happen elsewhere. There would be such an uproar that it wouldn't last. Kinda like the 101 speed cameras. Our gov't seems to forget who we are.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:40 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,712,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I don't think that will happen elsewhere. There would be such an uproar that it wouldn't last. Kinda like the 101 speed cameras. Our gov't seems to forget who we are.

They have a similar "plate reading" system at the sky harbor parking deck & apparently I tripped it once - took about 45 minutes before they would let me out of the deck- the attendant kept accusing me of swapping parking tickets. This stuff is all over & nothing good comes of it.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:14 PM

186 posts, read 195,994 times
Longboat Key, Florida has plate readers at both ends of the island. They know exactly who is on the island at any given time. Plate readers can flag a known offender or any plate associated with a crime and since there is only one main through street (Gulf of Mexico Drive) they'll be on you before you get halfway up or down the island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area