Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 11:34 AM

64 posts, read 49,843 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am excited and nervous at the same time about my move to Arizona. I was wondering if anyone can recommend an inexpensive possibly extended stay hotel or something for maybe a month or two until
I can find a job. I am coming with a gentle dog of 55lbs. I was considering the YMCA but I don't the they allow pets. although I have a companion letter. the least expensive the better. I just want to say how helpful everyone has been you are all awesome.

Regards,
Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 12:35 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,493,041 times
Google "Budget Suites Phoenix". They are pet friendly, the one on W Indian School is more centrally located with better access to mass transit. There's one in Mesa, too, that would work too, as it's on a bus line that will get you to the light rail.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:45 PM

thank you so much I really appreciate the info

Old 08-16-2017, 07:18 PM

212 posts, read 229,593 times
I lived at Budget suites on Indian School for a month, it's gonna cost you roughly about $900-$1000 to live there and it's not really all that nice, Lot's of "Undesirables" live there. But it was a roof over my head till I found a better place.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:19 PM

212 posts, read 229,593 times
I'll give budget suites one thing though, there better than those "4Rent weekly" places.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:22 PM

Okay thanks for the information

Old 08-16-2017, 07:28 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,633,193 times
I'm looking for the same thing myself. Check the reviews on the extended stay places, paying attention to the most recent reviews (last six months or less). DON'T go by the overall rating number on the hotel sites. Check multiple sites for reviews, too. I've been using Google and TripAdvisor. Some of the apartment locator services can also help you find a place, including at the extended stay places (the locator services advertise lower prices than the hotel website but I have not yet called one to confirm that). There are also complexes that offer short-term leases, some are furnished, many include utilities (El Cortez has lots of ads on craigslist). I don't know that I'd want to have a utilities included place in the summer (at least not the chiller system) but going into fall and winter it might not be so bad. Also look on craigslist for folks wanting out of their lease early - you could pick up a decent rent rate for a few months, giving you time to find somewhere else you'd like to be long term.

The pricing at the lower end extended stay places seems to be consistent, at around $1100-$1300 a month (this is for Sept/Oct +taxes, it goes higher after Oct).

You could also try airbnb, depending on what dates you need the property.

I have two cats and finding places that will take pets hasn't been an issue. Finding one in my price range is the problem.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:43 PM

Thanks for information

Old 08-17-2017, 01:42 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,633,193 times
Something to add.
Be sure to read the fine print about pets at the extended stay places.

Example, Extended Stay America has a posted policy of "$25 (+ tax) per day, per pet non-refundable cleaning fee for the first month (not to exceed $150 + tax per pet), payable the first night of your stay and is charged at check-in. Each month thereafter is a $10 non-refundable fee (+tax) per day for the first 5 days of each month (not to exceed $50 + tax per month, per pet)." OTOH, Studio 6 charges a nightly fee with a max of $75 for the entire stay. I think the recharge fee per month for the same unit is nothing more than a money grab by Extended Stay America, since they are only deep cleaning the unit when you move out.

Another hidden fee is wifi. Some places have free wifi, others have a flat one time fee for the entire stay, and a few have a daily charge. The reviews often will let you know if the wifi is slow or fast.

Some places won't come up on an 'extended stay' search, but they have mini-fridges and microwaves in the room, do offer a reduced long term fee, and could work. America's Best Value Inns and Red Roof Inns are good examples.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:25 PM

126 posts, read 110,873 times
I stayed at the Candlewood Suites off Peoria Ave in Phoenix during a job relocation until the wife and kids came out from Ohio after school finished up and we found a house. They were AMAZING to work with...I do not know about the dog/serive animal but it would be worth asking. Let me know if you need anything additional
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area