Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 04:33 PM

370 posts, read 1,567,536 times

Advertisements

So, I have "converted" to E-Z 3 price plan a couple of years ago (with the promise if it didn't save me money I could "go back".) The concept is to limit my use of electricity for three hours a day and get a lower rate for the rest of the time. Doesn't save me a lot of money but I average about $100 over a twelve month period. So, I'm ok with this program. Now SRP wants me to use alternative power in increments of 25, 50 or 100 percent. Well, not really "use" but pay a fee for them to shift some of their power sources to wind or solar. Other than reducing my carbon foot print (which I am not against) are there savings? Anyone want to share their experience with this program-or is it too new?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 11:19 PM

2,346 posts, read 2,703,359 times
We have a similar offer from our utility in Florida. Pay extra and some of the power you get will be green. I think it's a bit of a scam. And I'm not anti-renewable by any means. One of my cars is electric.

If they gave me something tangible, like some solar panels or a Tesla Power wall, I might be interested. In the meantime I think they are just extracting more $$ from gullible greens.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:10 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,965,060 times
There is no way they can regulate what house gets what kind of electricity. It all comes in on the same lines. They are asking you to basically invest in their infrastructure improvements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area