Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 09:41 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,931,072 times

Advertisements

talk to your health insurance professional about getting this plan; its super affordable, decent coverage, and has nothing to do with that nightmare from hell called obama care..

https://www.uhone.com/insurance/supp...protectorguard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 11:21 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,307,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
You forget how to use the sarcastic font?
Yes. My bad.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:16 PM

9,823 posts, read 11,218,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
talk to your health insurance professional about getting this plan; its super affordable, decent coverage, and has nothing to do with that nightmare from hell called obama care..

https://www.uhone.com/insurance/supp...protectorguard
I'm on the phone with them right now. Will advise..

Old 11-09-2017, 01:22 PM

good luck!
I have a decent plan for 250 per month, and my son has one for 45 per month...bye bye obama care

Old 11-09-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
good luck!
I have a decent plan for 250 per month, and my son has one for 45 per month...bye bye obama care
I am applying for their best plan for $485 per month per person. Cheaper and better than what I have now. Again, I am 52. It covers 5 doc visits @ $100 per visit (nothing is that cheap). Unused roles over to the next year. More importantly, $3K a day for the hospital ($4500 ICU) plus operations. The basic plan is $1K in the hospital. No can do.. Even the middle plan is only $2K per day in the hospital. Not enough IMHO. Best of all for me, their networks are in MN and AZ.

Preconditions are not covered. You have to go through underwriting too. With that said, OFFICIALLY you could have to pay the 3% penalty for non Obama Care compliance. But most have skirted it. I'll roll the dice. But this plan is different. There are no "deductibles" per say. So if you had to go to the doctors office 365 days in a row, you are going backwards.

But glasses and dental are covered (4 month wait) and at decent level. All and all. I'm sold. wase4711, I owe you a beer. Assuming I am approved, you fixed my problem even if I get nicked 3%.

Old 11-09-2017, 02:30 PM

glad to hear this is a better alternative for you
I'm older than you, and just riding this out until I get get medicare, but for me, minimum basic coverage, one dr visit per year, and no dental/optical and reduced coverage's was all I cared about for now..
I had one of those "temporary" plans from UHC for the last 6 months, and it was a little less, but this is more like "real" health insurance, so I am switching to this jan 1
You will be approved, and, they do NOT consider high blood pressure as a pre existing condition so that is not an issue, fortunately...
Obamacare sux big time, and if you live in Arizona, and try to get that garbage, you have one choice, a giant premium of at least 1000 per month, and a monster deductible...congress should be shot for passing that fecal matter, or, even better, THEY should be forced to enroll in that KRAP..

Old 11-09-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
glad to hear this is a better alternative for you
I'm older than you, and just riding this out until I get get medicare, but for me, minimum basic coverage, one dr visit per year, and no dental/optical and reduced coverage's was all I cared about for now..
I had one of those "temporary" plans from UHC for the last 6 months, and it was a little less, but this is more like "real" health insurance, so I am switching to this jan 1
You will be approved, and, they do NOT consider high blood pressure as a pre existing condition so that is not an issue, fortunately...
Obamacare sux big time, and if you live in Arizona, and try to get that garbage, you have one choice, a giant premium of at least 1000 per month, and a monster deductible...congress should be shot for passing that fecal matter, or, even better, THEY should be forced to enroll in that KRAP..
The dental and optical didn't mean much to me. But it will knock-off x amount of what I already payout. So not all is lost. The $1K hospital stay per day is what scared me. That means you would be going upside down at least $1200 a day. Worse in ICU. I'm more risk adverse. 98% chance I would not need it. But I'll stare at the numbers closer tomorrow and make my finally decision. The 5 visits isn't worth much to me. It's all about the hospital stay topic.

Maybe it's like people selling their house in CA. All of a sudden $700K homes in Scottsdale are "cheap". I might have lost perspective that $485 per month is "cheap". Going from the mid plan ($2K hospital daily) to $3K is a whopping $20 per month.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:49 PM

83 posts, read 81,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I am applying for their best plan for $485 per month per person. Cheaper and better than what I have now. Again, I am 52. It covers 5 doc visits @ $100 per visit (nothing is that cheap). Unused roles over to the next year. More importantly, $3K a day for the hospital ($4500 ICU) plus operations. The basic plan is $1K in the hospital. No can do.. Even the middle plan is only $2K per day in the hospital. Not enough IMHO. Best of all for me, their networks are in MN and AZ.

Preconditions are not covered. You have to go through underwriting too. With that said, OFFICIALLY you could have to pay the 3% penalty for non Obama Care compliance. But most have skirted it. I'll roll the dice. But this plan is different. There are no "deductibles" per say. So if you had to go to the doctors office 365 days in a row, you are going backwards.

But glasses and dental are covered (4 month wait) and at decent level. All and all. I'm sold. wase4711, I owe you a beer. Assuming I am approved, you fixed my problem even if I get nicked 3%.

Well, this almost sounds too good to be true. MN-Born, do you know if one can enroll at any time?

Old 11-09-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeclee56 View Post
Well, this almost sounds too good to be true. MN-Born, do you know if one can enroll at any time?
Yes. You can start tomorrow. I am starting Jan 1st. Oh.. It takes 3 days for underwriting. They could so "punt" if you have say you have diabetes or a smoker etc. So that's one reason why it is cheaper (they dodge the riskier people).

Remember. No pre-existing conditions are NOT covered. No deductible (which sounds great) BUT you do not have a cap of doctor expenses at a clinic. If you landed in a hospital out of network, they are only paying their cap of $1K, $2K or $3K per night (depends on what you pay). So if the hospital gives you a $5K non negotiated rate (not in network),in my case, they will pay whoever a max of $3K per night. No prenatal care, no "free" drugs, no "free birth care". No covered treatments like physical theory, etc.

If you needed to see the doc 100 days in the clinic, they cover 1, 2 or 5 days (depends if you go with good, better or best) and annually capped at $100 per 1,2 or 5 appointments. No deductible sounds great but that means there is no cap too. Look at it as catastrophic care. Backed by a major insurer: United Healthcare of MN.

In short, there is risk and reward. Don't forget, officially they could come back and get another 3% (tax penalty) for not signing up for an official ACA plan. But look at last years form. It asked if you have a healthcare plan. Yep. Now read this: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph.../#39c70c70a3cb

"Failure to tick the box could have, in past years, resulted in a kickback of the tax return. However, the IRS has indicated that for 2017, it will accept and process tax returns where a taxpayer is silent on coverage. "

So I don't see this as a problem while Trump is in office.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 11-09-2017 at 04:36 PM..

Old 11-15-2017, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 593 times
you should need to talk to your previous health insurance provider and known about the terms and condition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area