Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 09:20 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,259,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Hey mods, shouldn't this be on the political board?
Ignore it if you are not interested.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:28 AM

811 posts, read 626,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Keep religion out of it. I don't believe in God, I'm pro choice but I'm not hurting my kids. Religious nuts are the ones causing most of the deaths in these mass killings, whether they believe in "your god" or not. All religions are silly.
asufan,
I used to think this way until I was confronted with the possibility that I would have to give an account for my life after I died. And my self-instituted goodness and upstanding behavior as a citizen were not enough to be deemed "innocent" and worthy of a "pass".

Thank you for your post. You have boiled down the position of many when they're engaged in a morality debate which is:

"I refuse to believe in a deity that has any control over my life".

That's it.
Pure and simple.

Hopefully you and others are intellectually honest enough to admit this. And along those lines if you're going to criticize the character traits that scripture promotes (Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control) then you are also condemning the very ingredients that a civilized society needs to have in order to survive. It is indisputable that the culture is exhibiting a lack of love and respect for their "neighbor". (I.E: Could be a complete stranger.) When one refuses to love others and holds their own self interest above everything else, they will have no problem violating the liberties of others. This includes: Refusal to respect other's religious convictions or political positions (Definition of "Respect" in it's lowest form includes simply not exhibiting a volatile intolerance and hatred for another person's positions), stealing, murder, etc. You believe that your internal moral compass is trustworthy but I am here to tell you that the heart is deceitfully wicked.

I feel for you and others like you and will pray for you just like people did for me when I held your position. You may say "no thanks".

Sorry; you have no choice in the matter.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:02 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,391,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
I feel for you and others like you and will pray for you just like people did for me when I held your position. You may say "no thanks".

Sorry; you have no choice in the matter.
Maybe you should have been praying that Jason wouldn't kill his wife, two kids, and himself, before he did, that might have done the trick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: