Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 05:57 PM

383 posts, read 634,882 times

Advertisements

I noticed that Northshore Condos are on Tempe Town Lake. Is anyone familiar with the area and or the condo? Is it walking distance to Mill Ave, and walking to the light rail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 07:51 PM

2,788 posts, read 7,452,731 times
The Northshore condos are a mile-and-a-half from the Mill Avenue light rail station. I wouldn't consider that within walking distance, especially in summer heat. If you want to be within walking distance of Mill Avenue and light rail, you'll want to live on the south side of the lake, rather than the north side.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:51 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,735,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
The Northshore condos are a mile-and-a-half from the Mill Avenue light rail station. I wouldn't consider that within walking distance, especially in summer heat. If you want to be within walking distance of Mill Avenue and light rail, you'll want to live on the south side of the lake, rather than the north side.
It’ll be much closer to the street car when that goes in.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
It’ll be much closer to the street car when that goes in.
I didn't know about a street car. I just googled it, and found the info! Thanks so much for mentioning that.

http://www.valleymetro.org/images/up...act_Sheet3.pdf

http://www.valleymetro.org/projects_...empe_streetcar

Last edited by markeg; 11-21-2017 at 03:26 AM..

Old 11-21-2017, 05:31 AM

When the street car is complete, its closest stop to Northshore Condominiums will be at Marina Heights, just under a mile away. That's still a substantial walk, especially over the unshaded Rural Road bridge.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:25 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,058,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markeg View Post
I noticed that Northshore Condos are on Tempe Town Lake. Is anyone familiar with the area and or the condo? Is it walking distance to Mill Ave, and walking to the light rail?
It is a very secure condo. There doesn't seem to be a lot of guest parking though.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:00 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,735,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
When the street car is complete, its closest stop to Northshore Condominiums will be at Marina Heights, just under a mile away. That's still a substantial walk, especially over the unshaded Rural Road bridge.
I’m getting 0.6 miles or about a 12 minute walk from northshore to packard/rio. The future expansion targets the line going all the way down Rio to Mesa which would essentially make this walk simply crossing the bridge, it doesn’t get much easier than that.

And yeah, walks don’t usually have shade here. But somehow we survive.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
I’m getting 0.6 miles or about a 12 minute walk from northshore to packard/rio. The future expansion targets the line going all the way down Rio to Mesa which would essentially make this walk simply crossing the bridge, it doesn’t get much easier than that.

And yeah, walks don’t usually have shade here. But somehow we survive.
The Marina Heights street car stop will be about a quarter mile west of Packard Drive, so that brings the distance to nearly a mile. There is the prospect of future expansion of the street car, but there is no timetable or funding for that right now. As for the walk across the bridge, it's not only unshaded, but also not very pleasant with high-speed traffic passing right by. Certainly a person in good physical condition can walk it, but it's not a very appealing stroll compared to the paths on either side of the lake. More generally, my point is that development on the north side of the lake is more car-oriented and that anyone wanting to walk places on a regular basis would probably be happier on the south side.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:00 PM

Are there any condos that you know of on the south side?

Old 11-21-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeg View Post
Are there any condos that you know of on the south side?
Yes. Here are some:

Orchid House
Bridgeview
Hayden Square
The Brownstones at Hyde Park
The Roosevelt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area