Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 05:39 PM

12 posts, read 10,587 times

Advertisements

We need a garage for tools and toys, and Terra Firma so I don't have nightmares of being a sardine in a can. It may take a bit longer but they are tops on our list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 05:23 PM

2,379 posts, read 2,713,486 times
Realtors don't have much incentive to work with OWNERS who are renting out their place, but once they're handling a property there's a lot of incentive to work with potential RENTERS.

You could check Craigslist, of course. I know that Ranch Realty does a lot of Scottsdale rentals, but I'm not sure how far afield they operate. You could call and ask.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:49 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,691,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Realtors don't have much incentive to work with OWNERS who are renting out their place, but once they're handling a property there's a lot of incentive to work with potential RENTERS.

Lol, wut?

I listed my own rentals & wouldn't do showings myself. It wasn't worth it.

Typical tenant-agent (broker) commissions that I've seen are 1/2 of one month's rent or a flat-fee (sometimes only a couple hundred bucks). That's then split between the broker & the agent. My broker took $75, many brokers want half or more for overhead.

You're an agent, trying to decide how to spend your day.

Do you :

A: Spend a day showing rentals, knowing there may only be two or three available in a given zip code on a given day, and the reward for that effort might be $500 gross, before your broker & the government take their cut?

B: Spend a day showing homes for sale, where there are actually more than a couple to pick from, and the reward is a gross commission of $6,000+ (given a median home price of $200k.).

There's effectively no incentive at all to show rentals in the valley, I can't believe anyone does.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:26 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,618,169 times
Apparently there's no incentive to show rentals at apartment offices either. Considering that many only have 1-2 apartments available at any given time, I can understand the lack of courtesy and friendliness, but as a potential renter it's still annoying to be ignored by rental agents and realtors.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Lol, wut? I listed my own rentals & wouldn't do showings myself. It wasn't worth it.

Typical tenant-agent (broker) commissions that I've seen are 1/2 of one month's rent or a flat-fee (sometimes only a couple hundred bucks). That's then split between the broker & the agent. My broker took $75, many brokers want half or more for overhead.

You're an agent, trying to decide how to spend your day.

Do you :
A: Spend a day showing rentals, knowing there may only be two or three available in a given zip code on a given day, and the reward for that effort might be $500 gross, before your broker & the government take their cut?
B: Spend a day showing homes for sale, where there are actually more than a couple to pick from, and the reward is a gross commission of $6,000+ (given a median home price of $200k.).

There's effectively no incentive at all to show rentals in the valley, I can't believe anyone does.

Well, maybe others are more accommodating than you. Quiet a few brokers understand that people who rent, especially winter visitors, may turn into buyers in the future. There are a lot of people who do it and do well with it - not as many as pre-internet, but still quite a few.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:30 AM

12 posts, read 10,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Well, maybe others are more accommodating than you. Quiet a few brokers understand that people who rent, especially winter visitors, may turn into buyers in the future. There are a lot of people who do it and do well with it - not as many as pre-internet, but still quite a few.
I was recommended a realtor who replied to my Internet inquiry on her website. She is to show us rentals tomorrow (we are flying in tonite).
I did impress that we intend to buy after 1 year lease, once we can make an informed decision on location, based on living in area. And if she gets us the rental we need, she ABSOLUTELY will be who we use to buy.
Of course, I would also have a reason to recommend her to other people relocating.
She concurred that a good chunk of her business starts this way.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:44 PM

720 posts, read 734,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTraveler View Post
I was recommended a realtor who replied to my Internet inquiry on her website. She is to show us rentals tomorrow (we are flying in tonite).
I did impress that we intend to buy after 1 year lease, once we can make an informed decision on location, based on living in area. And if she gets us the rental we need, she ABSOLUTELY will be who we use to buy.
Of course, I would also have a reason to recommend her to other people relocating.
Glad you found a Realtor to take you around and hopefully find you a nice house for your family!! I love working with renters - we build a good rapport, and they eventually use me when they buy- and we get to keep in touch - so it works out great!!!

Best of Luck

Old 11-29-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTraveler View Post

Good. If by any chance she doesn't work out, I checked my notes, and in the past I was favorably impressed by Desert Home Advisor and Realty Match/Jean Pomeroy Quijada. Home Smart also seems to be a large company that deals with rentals, along with Ranch Realty, whom I mentioned before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area