Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 11:19 AM

7,333 posts, read 12,418,669 times

Advertisements

I know I am a big IZOD fan, especially of their Spring collections, but I was wondering, what is the typical preference here in the Valley for fashion - Spring or Fall fashion? For some higher-end women's lines you also have Resort/Cruise and Pre-Fall options. Resort/Cruise collections are released between Fall and Spring and are meant for holiday vacations. Pre-Fall are released between Spring and Fall and are essentially warm weather clothes in fall colors.

I know in the Fashion and Beauty forum it seems like the typical preference is Fall, but I would like to see what the local preference is. If anyone prefers Resort/Cruise or Pre-Fall those options are also valid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 11:21 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,311,798 times
It's all the same, bud

Old 12-22-2017, 11:39 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,709,885 times
Oh no, I think I've been wearing my fall clothes in the spring and my spring clothes in the fall!

Old 12-22-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Oh no, I think I've been wearing my fall clothes in the spring and my spring clothes in the fall!
I admit to wearing my Spring clothes in the fall as well, since many of my shirts are pink and pink is usually released in the Spring collections. However, I do have some pink fleeces that are part of IZOD's Fall collections.

Note that IZOD just released a few Spring 2018 products. I bought a Fairy Tale pink Advantage Polo, as well as a Fairy Tale pink Premium Essentials plaid button down.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:49 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,266,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
That is a typical rookie mistake...happens to all newcomers to the state. You'll figure it out once you've been here for a while longer. Have you felt everyone laughing at you as you walk around in clothes that are out of season?

Seriously, it shows my level of "fashion sense" as I didn't know there was a difference in spring and fall fashion.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:20 PM

772 posts, read 843,684 times
I'm wearing my summer clothes with a jacket and they are now winter clothes!

Old 12-22-2017, 05:32 PM

640 posts, read 962,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
I prefer shorts and flip flops all year! Except maybe this week.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:35 PM

6,316 posts, read 6,867,840 times
I wear the same clothes year round. I replace them when they get damaged or I change sizes. Most of it is Spring/Summer because let's be honest... it gets hot here.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
Note that in most of the fashion world, seasonal collections are not generally sold in summer and winter cycles. They are typically sold in spring and fall cycles. Usually, clothing for warmer weather is included with Spring, while clothing for cold weather is included with Fall. Usually, mid-winter and mid-summer (typically January and July) are when Fall and Spring collections, respectively, are usually clearanced off by major retailers to make room for the next major seasonal collection.

However, some higher-end brands, especially with women's clothing, have introduced two additional inter-seasonal collections. However, these are not referred to as Summer and Winter, but are referred to as Pre-Fall and Resort/Cruise. Pre-Fall as I said in an earlier post are essentially clothes for warmer weather in fall colors. Resort/Cruise aren't winter clothes at all, but are clothes meant to go to warm weather holiday vacations during the winter.

Old 12-22-2017, 06:18 PM

772 posts, read 843,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Note that in most of the fashion world, seasonal collections are not generally sold in summer and winter cycles. They are typically sold in spring and fall cycles. Usually, clothing for warmer weather is included with Spring, while clothing for cold weather is included with Fall. Usually, mid-winter and mid-summer (typically January and July) are when Fall and Spring collections, respectively, are usually clearanced off by major retailers to make room for the next major seasonal collection.

However, some higher-end brands, especially with women's clothing, have introduced two additional inter-seasonal collections. However, these are not referred to as Summer and Winter, but are referred to as Pre-Fall and Resort/Cruise. Pre-Fall as I said in an earlier post are essentially clothes for warmer weather in fall colors. Resort/Cruise aren't winter clothes at all, but are clothes meant to go to warm weather holiday vacations during the winter.
Who cares, clothes are clothes this isn't back east where you you have to to bundle up up for the winter. I wear a shorts and and a t-shirt and guests what put on a sweater it's now winter clothes. You obsess about the most ridiculous things!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: