Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 07:08 AM

45 posts, read 41,823 times

Advertisements

I need advice from all the CA transplants. Im looking to relocate to West Valley area. Im looking to rent a 3 bed 2 bath SFH in either Surprise, Goodyear, Avondale, or Buckeye. I work for Fed Ex and Im going to try to transfer to their Phoenix hub. Im looking for a nice area with low crime and nice amenities with the pretty low rent. Out of the listed areas which would be my best bet? I have a 10 year old son and 1 year old daughter. I want a good public school that wont allow kids to bully my son because he"s kinda shy but a nice good boy. Also do I have to make 3x times the rent to get approved for a rental house? Anybody know someone or a property management that works with out of state relocaters?

Last edited by Alex90706; 01-09-2018 at 07:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 11:53 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,272,359 times
Depending on your definitions that could be all of those places. You are too vague to give any real advice. I work with out of state transfers all the time, no vacancies right now. With the huge influx of people the valley sees year round everyone works with transfers.

You need to narrow down your criteria to specifics, do you want a pool, how low on crime, what rent do you actually want. You also need to pick a time frame then you can start your search, don't start reaching out to LLs more than 2 months in advance though.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:06 PM

Im looking for rent around $1000-$1100 a month, pool would be nice but not necessary. What are LLs? Im open to other areas but would like to keep commute to no more than 30 miles. Thank you.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:27 AM

13,487 posts, read 7,478,950 times
Link to crime data map also wanted to point out 303 and 101 freeways out west traffic is light so commute north and south on those would be easy if you wanted to go north west. I'm sure you can find school ratings I would check that before you pick an area of town.

https://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...x-Arizona.html

Old 01-11-2018, 09:48 PM

Thank you AZ Manager & kell490!

Old 01-11-2018, 10:16 PM

722 posts, read 741,341 times
Do you have your job transfer with Fedex already lined up? I have a client who works for Fedex and he said it's a seniority thing and there's a waiting list for this very popular Phoenix hub. May be different for your position? but he was saying 3-5 years before he can consider a move here.

The Phoenix hub is near the airport isn't it? those towns you mention are very far from the airport - if your hours are late shifts you may be able to avoid traffic but still I would go to queen creek, san tan, mesa, s. phoenix

Old 01-12-2018, 06:32 AM

39,134 posts, read 51,432,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochaz View Post
Do you have your job transfer with Fedex already lined up? I have a client who works for Fedex and he said it's a seniority thing and there's a waiting list for this very popular Phoenix hub. May be different for your position? but he was saying 3-5 years before he can consider a move here.

The Phoenix hub is near the airport isn't it? those towns you mention are very far from the airport - if your hours are late shifts you may be able to avoid traffic but still I would go to queen creek, san tan, mesa, s. phoenix
Goodyear and Avondale are both much closer to the airport than Queen Creek or San Tan and probably much of Mesa. Anyway, the FEDEX ground hub is on 51st Avenue and Lower Buckeye.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochaz View Post

Im going to apply to transfer to the FedEx Freight on 5620 W Lower Buckeye Rd. I dont think there is a waiting list as long as they have a position open.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:49 AM

567 posts, read 791,744 times
If you'd like the name of a great RE person, PM me. I've given her name to someone else on City-Data who was relocating here, and she was so pleased that she passed on the referral to someone else. We bought a home with her in Avondale. Knowledgeable, responsible, and wonderful to work with.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaMom View Post
If you'd like the name of a great RE person, PM me. I've given her name to someone else on City-Data who was relocating here, and she was so pleased that she passed on the referral to someone else. We bought a home with her in Avondale. Knowledgeable, responsible, and wonderful to work with.
PM sent! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area