Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2018, 07:21 PM

12 posts, read 8,390 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am not sure we are moving to AZ but a recent opportunity popped up and AZ came on the radar as a place with a similar price point that had more "stuff" and now think it could be a cool place to live and are considering it.

I know it is relatively affordable (like our current very small city). But it's also pretty sprawling. I grew up in the Chicago area and have lived in the Midwest the entire time I've lived in the U.S. so I'm not sure where to start as we decide what would be feasible.

We are a relatively young family with a dog. We currently live in a duplex and would not mind living in a duplex/townhouse or free standing home but I'm not betting on that in our price range. We'd like to rent for a year and then buy next year. We are looking for a 2 bedroom place with in the 700-1100 price range. School district is not important right now as our kid is a toddler. I figure in the next year we will get a better feel for our options about school districts.

Are there any places that are walkable? I know there is some transit. Could we get a place near it?

Is that budget reasonable?

Please and thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 07:54 AM

19,448 posts, read 27,889,028 times
Most important question: Where will you be working???

Old 02-27-2018, 10:11 AM

656 posts, read 815,038 times
I think 700-1100 is a budget for a studio here, not a 2 bedroom...sadly.

Rents have increased 20% in the last two years. More people are moving to Maricopa County in greater numbers than any other county.

Old 02-27-2018, 12:30 PM

202 posts, read 220,642 times
1000 is the price for a fairly good 1-bedroom apartment. I looked at apartments in Chandler and the only thing I could find for even $700 was a run down apartment that I wouldn't suggest anyone to stay in. Chandler isn't even that expensive compared to Tempe and Scottsdale. Prices in Downtown Phoenix are also high for good apartments. Your options will be based on where you want to live. Where do you work? If you can manage to commute from West Valley, that could be an option. Maybe some older neighborhoods that are still safe might have what you're looking for. If you can give more info as to where you're working and generally looking at, that would be great.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:23 AM

12 posts, read 8,390 times
Good to know! Thanks all. We've expanded our search to Tucson, I think. What would we need to spend to get a safe 2-bedroom. Does not need to be downtown. We'd love to be but if our budget does not allow, that is understandable! Sorry for the lag here. It's been a crazy couple of weeks here.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:37 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,456,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocktacular View Post
Good to know! Thanks all. We've expanded our search to Tucson, I think. What would we need to spend to get a safe 2-bedroom. Does not need to be downtown. We'd love to be but if our budget does not allow, that is understandable! Sorry for the lag here. It's been a crazy couple of weeks here.
You need to ask that question in the Tucson forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area