Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 01:13 PM

300 posts, read 440,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smr86 View Post
I'm hesitant with Mesa because I've read and been told there are a lot of sketchy areas, however, it's a cheaper place to live. I've been told Gilbert is a nice small town and Chandler is huge, but has some really nice areas. It's Gilbert and Chandler flat then? Would I at least be 20 minutes or so from an area where I could see mountains in the distance in Gilbert or Chandler? I don't know what my obsession is. I just love the look of them in the distance.
The parts of Mesa with mountain views are the nicer and more expensive parts for the most part. Like Northeast Mesa is VERY nice in the Las Sendas and Red Mountain Ranch areas. Plus that part of the 202 has way less traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 03:46 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,044,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdana View Post
The parts of Mesa with mountain views are the nicer and more expensive parts for the most part. Like Northeast Mesa is VERY nice in the Las Sendas and Red Mountain Ranch areas.

Yes, that part of Mesa can have some nice views, and access to the Salt River valley is really convenient. Downside is (probably) lots of driving. It all depends on where a person works and what they like to do, of course.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:36 PM

656 posts, read 812,831 times
In my neighborhood in uptown Phoenix, I drive east and see Squaw Peak & The Phoenix Mountains to my left, Camelback Mountain to my right...

Old 03-21-2018, 11:58 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,959,480 times
The best mountain views in the Valley goes to Fountain Hills, with Carefree and Cave Creek a close second. Northeastern Scottsdale (Pima and Happy Valley area) come in 3rd, with Ahwatukee 4th. Just my opinion...

Old 03-21-2018, 01:43 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,165 times
+1 on fountain hills having the best mountain views..

Old 03-21-2018, 05:02 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smr86 View Post
I'm hesitant with Mesa because I've read and been told there are a lot of sketchy areas, however, it's a cheaper place to live. I've been told Gilbert is a nice small town and Chandler is huge, but has some really nice areas. It's Gilbert and Chandler flat then? Would I at least be 20 minutes or so from an area where I could see mountains in the distance in Gilbert or Chandler? I don't know what my obsession is. I just love the look of them in the distance.
The further east in Mesa you go, and closer to the mountains, (Superstitions, Red Mountain), particularly to the northeast, the nicer the areas you will find.

Mountains in Gilbert will be way in the distance, as well as in most of Chandler except in far west Chandler near I-10, which is quite close to South Mountain.

Metro Phoenix is a basin surrounded by mountains, so there are mountains off in the distance everywhere. It depends on what you mean by "off in the distance" in terms of proximity to your house.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:08 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,273,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
+1 on fountain hills having the best mountain views..
I know you've been here a very short time, have you been to Gold Canyon or Estrella? Better than Fountain Hills IMO if you appreciate desert mountain views (I don't).

Old 03-21-2018, 08:33 PM

58 posts, read 69,351 times
That Golf course picture is pretty incredible. The second picture not so much to me.

The thing about FH, is that the houses are built on the ridges of the rolling hills, it has a very southern california look. There are multiple notable mountain ranges in the background but the aspect that I think is pretty incredible is the multiple deep valleys and high hills along the mcdowells. I live in the part of FH near Scottsdale and I love the views from my house but if I were to sell my house I would buy something along Golden Eagle, deeper in the hills. I will sometimes drive my Jeep (top down) around that area in the winter time. Great time to blow off some stress (it's like a roller coaster back there)

I don't have many pictures to look up, but I have a place my buddy stayed at that I think represents the rolling hills well.

https://www.vrbo.com/664665

Or this listing that I was just looking at for a friend:

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...zm/0_mmm/1_fr/

My dream is to actually build a Modern style house with a negative edge pool in that area, but I am too busy on my career right now to add this on top.

Last edited by outsideliving; 03-21-2018 at 09:03 PM..

Old 03-21-2018, 08:50 PM

58 posts, read 69,351 times
Towns with best mountain views-p.jpg

Towns with best mountain views-isyzlkxkgppuie0000000000.jpg

Trying again

Old 03-22-2018, 08:06 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I know you've been here a very short time, have you been to Gold Canyon or Estrella? Better than Fountain Hills IMO if you appreciate desert mountain views (I don't).

Wow, gorgeous, will have to check that out, thanks for the great pix!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area