Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 05:34 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,928,788 times

Advertisements

take a ride up 67th avenue, from the 101 north all the way to the 303 area, and tell me if you still think there is "nothing" there for miles..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 09:54 AM

892 posts, read 1,503,218 times
That would be an interesting trick, considering 67th only goes about halfway to the 303. Even if you assume 67th becomes Pyramid Peak, you'll still be blocked by the canal, and 2 miles of open desert as the crow flies from there to the 303. South of the canal, you've got 5 miles of tract housing until you get to the first businesses at Happy Valley, which is a whopping 3 miles from the 101. Hardly a situation that calls for immediate connections to the 303.

Alternatively, it's entirely possible, and likely, that many of those people bought those homes in that area specifically because there would be little to no traffic through the area. Such as myself (though in a different area). When I bought, my neighbor and I were virtually the only people to use our road. Then someone graded and widened it, and now it's like a race track. So much for my peaceful paradise...

Old 03-30-2018, 10:12 AM

15,253 posts, read 13,002,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post
That would be an interesting trick, considering 67th only goes about halfway to the 303. Even if you assume 67th becomes Pyramid Peak, you'll still be blocked by the canal, and 2 miles of open desert as the crow flies from there to the 303. South of the canal, you've got 5 miles of tract housing until you get to the first businesses at Happy Valley, which is a whopping 3 miles from the 101. Hardly a situation that calls for immediate connections to the 303.
I for one appreciate your knowledgeable comments. I learn something every time someone posts about PHX freeways.

Old 03-30-2018, 11:02 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,928,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post

Alternatively, it's entirely possible, and likely, that many of those people bought those homes in that area specifically because there would be little to no traffic through the area. Such as myself (though in a different area). When I bought, my neighbor and I were virtually the only people to use our road. Then someone graded and widened it, and now it's like a race track. So much for my peaceful paradise...
good points; we bought out here for the same reason, and now, they have decided to put 1100 new houses in on Jomax, between 67th and 83rd, ruining 1/2 of the open desert we had just west of our house, and, of course, they are going crazy on Happy Valley road, building 100's of houses everywhere from 51st avenue, all the way west to 91st avenue. At least Happy Valley road is 3 lanes in each direction out here, but, they are going to widen streets like 67th avenue, and since a giant retail/office complex is being built at 83rd av and Happy Valley, they will widen that too..

I guess its called "progress", but hopefully, they dont build all this stuff, and another real estate market crash hits, and they have 100's, if not 1000's of new, vacant houses sitting around..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area