Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 05:21 PM

1,024 posts, read 747,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Wish I could give you 1000 rep points. That video needs to be on every post of question.

It really isn't that difficult to understand.

Chris Rocks ! !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Of course there’s no number and it’s a foolish question to ask.

Without getting angry, seriously...when can a cop punch an unarmed person unconscious?
Whenever they feel the situation warrants it.

It is their decision, NOT the person who wants to ignore them, then whine about getting their a$$ kicked.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:26 PM

151 posts, read 107,922 times
I'm curious to know when exactly anybody expected a cop to do nothing if they're being attacked? Now, expecting cops to not beat/kill citizens when they're running away, don't have a weapon, just standing there, mouthing off - that I think is a reasonable request. Unless you want to live in a police state, I guess.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:31 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,684,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
Whenever they feel the situation warrants it.

It is their decision, NOT the person who wants to ignore them, then whine about getting their a$$ kicked.
LOL, no it’s not. There’s protocol that must be followed. How anti-American to suggest that we’re under some sort of authoritarian rule and can be beat unconscious when not posing a threat. Scary.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
LOL, no it’s not. There’s protocol that must be followed. How anti-American to suggest that we’re under some sort of authoritarian rule and can be beat unconscious when not posing a threat. Scary.
Hey, don't take it to the extremes.

Did you watch that video posted above ?

It's not hard to understand.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:36 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,723,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
After watching that video many times that big black cop should be fired. He hit the man hard and repeatedly in the head for no reason. There were plenty of LEO types there to handle the situation.
It's crap like this than turns the public against LEO types and gets innocent people killed.
And I am sure that more than one cop has been hunted down by the victim after an attack like this.
Any agency can had bad people, they just need to be weeded out.
I had a CHP officer stop me two days after I returned from the Army to CA. My muffler had blown out on the trip home from AZ and I was on the way to the shop to have it replaced.
The officer was facing his car with the outside speaker on and I was behind him. He asked me a couple of questions and I could not hear me and he turned around abruptly and pushed me and told me that I needed to get the "s**t" out of my ears. I told him if he touched me again I would whip the crap out of him. He wrote the ticket and I drove to the local CHP office to file a complaint and was ignored.
I called CHP headquarters in Sacramento and it turned out this particular officer had previous suspensions dealing with the public. He was fired and the SGT that covered for him was suspended for a month.
The Black Cop should be given a medal for heroism, a promotion and a pay raise. The black thug got the beat down he deserved. The black cop just showed the world cops aren't racist.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Hey, don't take it to the extremes.

Did you watch that video posted above ?

It's not hard to understand.
Your suggestion is extreme. I’m just regurgitating what you said. You claimed that cops can beat us unconscious whenever they determine that it’s warranted. I’m telling you that you’re wrong, because in this country the police do not have absolute authority to do as they please.

I’m not taking a civics lesson from Chris Rock. It’s a cute video and all, but it’s outdated now that there have been so many cases of unnecessary police violence. I suggest you too seek better sources before making such wild claims.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
The Black Cop should be given a medal for heroism, a promotion and a pay raise. The black thug got the beat down he deserved. The black cop just showed the world cops aren't racist.
Not racist. Just violent abusers of power. And soon, an unemployed and unemployable one. What makes the victim a thug? (Edit: never mind, just looked at your posting history and know why )

Old 06-08-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Your suggestion is extreme. I’m just regurgitating what you said. You claimed that cops can beat us unconscious whenever they determine that it’s warranted. I’m telling you that you’re wrong, because in this country the police do not have absolute authority to do as they please.

I’m not taking a civics lesson from Chris Rock. It’s a cute video and all, but it’s outdated now that there have been so many cases of unnecessary police violence. I suggest you too seek better sources before making such wild claims.
Hey Detroit, You might think I'm wrong and that's cool, it's your opinion. Being a cop is an extremely dangerous job and I for one thank them for being willing to do that job. I sure wouldn't. Do they make mistakes - Sure. That's just human.

Try walking up to a car, at night, after stopping someone breaking the law. Or following someone down a dirty, nasty alley all for the cause to keep your A$$ safe.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Hey Detroit, You might think I'm wrong and that's cool, it's your opinion. Being a cop is an extremely dangerous job and I for one thank them for being willing to do that job. I sure wouldn't. Do they make mistakes - Sure. That's just human.

Try walking up to a car, at night, after stopping someone breaking the law. Or following someone down a dirty, nasty alley all for the cause to keep your A$$ safe.
That’s fine and all and I don’t disagree with those points at all, but that has nothing to do with what we were discussing. It’s a difficult, stressful, low-paying, thankless job, but that doesn’t give them the right to punch people as they see fit, as you claimed. That’s not a difference of opinion. That’s a lack of understanding some of the basic principals of this county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area