Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2018, 02:21 PM

120 posts, read 152,263 times

Advertisements

Are the mobile home parks nice? Is there anything to look out for when buying? We are over 45yrs old so if we bought a mobile home in an over 45 park, do they follow rules and not allow younger people.Would they let us buy in 55plus years too? Also do they rent in mobile home parks or is it owners only? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 02:47 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seminolecounty2014 View Post
Are the mobile home parks nice? Is there anything to look out for when buying? We are over 45yrs old so if we bought a mobile home in an over 45 park, do they follow rules and not allow younger people.Would they let us buy in 55plus years too? Also do they rent in mobile home parks or is it owners only? Thanks!

Those are all very broad questions. I'm sure there are nice ones and not so nice ones. There are some in some of the other suburbs, too, not just Mesa. As far as following rules, I suspect that would depend on the park, too. If you want them to follow rules, I would think the 55 plus ones would not let you buy. Renting vs owning would again depend on the park.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:41 PM

551 posts, read 693,355 times
Quote:
1. Depends on the park.
2. Probably the same issues houses have, leaks, damage, etc.
3. Depends on the park.
4. Depends on the park.
5. Depends on the park.

All of these questions all depend on the specific park you are looking at - there are many nice ones and many okay ones, these are very broad questions.

Old 06-16-2018, 06:47 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Despite the favorable climate mobile living is not a big thing in Phoenix. There are parks galore in the Mesa area. The ones that are for retirees (55+) are mostly nice and some are very nice. Most 55+ are rentals and the tenants are seasonal. The non-retiree parks are about what you expect when you think "trailer park".

Old 06-16-2018, 11:16 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Despite the favorable climate mobile living is not a big thing in Phoenix. There are parks galore in the Mesa area. The ones that are for retirees (55+) are mostly nice and some are very nice. Most 55+ are rentals and the tenants are seasonal. The non-retiree parks are about what you expect when you think "trailer park".
Ordinary "trailer parks" are not for the faint of heart.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:41 PM

120 posts, read 152,263 times
Does anyone know of parks that are over 45 years old?

Old 06-16-2018, 01:48 PM

673 posts, read 465,965 times
Make sure you buy your lot. If not, paying rent on the dirt is for saps.

Old 06-16-2018, 04:20 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,238,018 times
Quote:
Does anyone know of parks that are over 45 years old?
They can only legally discriminate for 55+ so you won't find any legal 45+ places. The requirement on age restricted places is 80% of the places must have one resident who is over 55, or every resident must be over 62. Because of that 20% leeway you may be able to wiggle into an age restricted place but I doubt it, no place has to allow anyone under 55.

Old 06-17-2018, 04:39 AM

274 posts, read 294,548 times
We haven't seen any mobile home parks in the Mesa or Phoenix area that would be considered nice, or safe. Then again, we haven't been searching this market. There are mobile home parks here and there I know in Mesa that are gated communities and sell mobile homes already there. If you're 55+ then you could probably search around in those communities. Some places are rent, some are rent to own, and others are buy. Just need to look around or find a real estate agent that can help.

It may also not be a bad idea if you do a land/home package and just get a new mobile home on a piece of land. Hope you find something that works out =)

Old 06-17-2018, 11:29 AM

720 posts, read 734,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viridianforest View Post
We haven't seen any mobile home parks in the Mesa or Phoenix area that would be considered nice, or safe. Then again, we haven't been searching this market. There are mobile home parks here and there I know in Mesa that are gated communities and sell mobile homes already there. If you're 55+ then you could probably search around in those communities. Some places are rent, some are rent to own, and others are buy. Just need to look around or find a real estate agent that can help.

It may also not be a bad idea if you do a land/home package and just get a new mobile home on a piece of land. Hope you find something that works out =)
The desireable mobile parks charge you high $$$ monthly to lease the land and hoa fees- I had a friends' dad who bought one and thought he and his wife can retire there - but his wife wanted nothing to do with it - he bought it for $11k thought it was a steal and didn't pay too close attention to the monthly fees! It came out to $450/mo which was a hardship on him. He had a heck of a time to sell it because they are a dime a dozen and the park charges also were a deterrent... so I agree - unless you want to be part of the whole "let's play pickleball or go swimming, and join all the activities" just get your lot in an approved area - or check out any of thes 110 on armls with no land lease, no hoa, in maricopa county, mobile/prefab and interestingly no restrictions on age (sorry I couldn't attach it file too big!)- there are lenders that loan on mobile homes but there are restrictions (I believe the home can't be more than 30years old?) - I don't know this is not my area of expertise... good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area