Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 11:55 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,619,987 times

Advertisements

I know many folks in ABQ and Las Cruces who go down to Mexico for their dental work. They save a LOT of money and the dentists are as good as the ones here. I know one dentist who is now retired who had a clinic in ABQ and one in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 08:45 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
thanks again, man, I have had 3 implants in Illinois before we moved here, and paid 2500-4000 for them, so these prices sound amazing..I need at least one more, so Its good to know these places are legit!
You can figure on 1/3 to 1/2 the US cost for services in Algodones. Proximity to (more) affordable dental care is a perk of living in Phoenix. As poster above said, though, it is absolutely nuts there in winter, so go between Easter and Halloween if you can.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:51 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,923,056 times
I assume you need a current passport to go to these facilities...my wife needs to get one, if thats the case.And, do you make an appointment, or just walk in?

Old 08-30-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
I assume you need a current passport to go to these facilities...my wife needs to get one, if thats the case.And, do you make an appointment, or just walk in?
You can go there but can't come back into the US without a passport or a hassle. Appointments are best, but they do walk-ins at most places too. You will find they don't waste a lot of time on scheduling and waiting for appointments like in the US. They either do it all in house or walk you over to what you need. I have used a couple of different places, but for one stop service that is reliable I would recommend Sani dental for a first timer. They have prices online, take credit cards. They have a couple of different offices, but "Platinum" is the most like US dental care I think.

https://sanidentalgroup.com

Last edited by Ponderosa; 08-30-2018 at 10:32 AM..

Old 08-30-2018, 10:33 AM

thanks; I'll get the wife to get a passport, since I think we are all going to need one to go anywhere by 2020..

Old 08-30-2018, 10:43 AM

2,806 posts, read 3,180,798 times
I wanted to thank you all for your help and advice. My wife has to heal from extractions and after that's done will need a couple of implants.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:05 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,811,701 times
One thing to be aware of before going especially if you've never been there is it's overwhelming the first time as you enter. The "Hawkers" as they call them will hound you everywhere you go trying to get you to go to their dentist. They get a fee for bringing in customers so you can't blame them for being persistent but it does get annoying fast because they re everywhere. After saying no thank you 100 times it's easier to just walk past them and continue on your way.

There are many street vendors where you can get some good deals on pottery,blankets,t shirts and other stuff but NEVER pay what they're asking. I've had them start off at $40.00 and have ended up getting the item for $10.00. Just keep saying "I'll think about it or I'll come back" and start walking away and they'll usually chase you down with a lower price lol. Don't be afraid to eat there either as they have some great places to eat. There's a small street cart that sells the best fish or shrimp tacos ($1.50-$2.00) and another that carves fresh pork right off the rotisserie. They're street vendors so nothing fancy but very good and reasonable and there are a few good sit down places too. A lot of times we'll head down for the day just to walk around and eat. Everything is in roughly 4 square blocks but every square inch is packed with street vendors,pharmacies,optometrist and dentist.
Attached Thumbnails
Best dental implants in the East valley-algodones1.jpg   Best dental implants in the East valley-algodones2.jpg   Best dental implants in the East valley-algodones3.jpg   Best dental implants in the East valley-algodones4.jpg  

Old 08-30-2018, 03:24 PM

it sort of reminds me of something we had in Chicago when I was a kid called "Maxwell Street"..you older former Chicagoans will know exactly what I am talking about...

Old 08-30-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
One thing to be aware of before going especially if you've never been there is it's overwhelming the first time as you enter. The "Hawkers" as they call them will hound you everywhere you go trying to get you to go to their dentist. They get a fee for bringing in customers so you can't blame them for being persistent but it does get annoying fast because they re everywhere. After saying no thank you 100 times it's easier to just walk past them and continue on your way.

There are many street vendors where you can get some good deals on pottery,blankets,t shirts and other stuff but NEVER pay what they're asking. I've had them start off at $40.00 and have ended up getting the item for $10.00. Just keep saying "I'll think about it or I'll come back" and start walking away and they'll usually chase you down with a lower price lol. Don't be afraid to eat there either as they have some great places to eat. There's a small street cart that sells the best fish or shrimp tacos ($1.50-$2.00) and another that carves fresh pork right off the rotisserie. They're street vendors so nothing fancy but very good and reasonable and there are a few good sit down places too. A lot of times we'll head down for the day just to walk around and eat. Everything is in roughly 4 square blocks but every square inch is packed with street vendors,pharmacies,optometrist and dentist.
They serve some seriously strong margaritas at the El Paraiso restaurant in the center of town.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:52 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,811,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They serve some seriously strong margaritas at the El Paraiso restaurant in the center of town.
I can never remember the names,is that the one that has an outdoor courtyard too? I think most of the restaurants there serve some pretty strong drinks lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: