Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 04:35 PM

567 posts, read 789,414 times

Advertisements

I used Lenscrafters for years when they had in-house labs, as well as Target, which is owned by the same company. Now Lenscrafters sends out their scripts, and I've read the service isn't as good. I used Eyemasters once a few years ago, and the lens coating came off within a year.

Can anyone recommend a better place? I only can wear metal frames, and they're difficult to find. It would be the best if I could find a place with their own lab. I've got a visual impairment, and if I have a problem with the prescription, I could get it fixed right away, rather than having to wait another couple of weeks. I'm in the West Valley.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 10:32 PM

56 posts, read 40,548 times
eyebuydirect.com

Old 07-17-2018, 10:37 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,607,555 times
I got my latest pair of prescription sunglasses at Costco.

My lenses are fully loaded with progressive and have all the UV coating, etc. Turnaround was about a week.
I think the cost was less than half what I'd usually pay my eye doctor who sells designer frames in his office. They are great about returns or trying to make it right.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:32 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,750,993 times
I have been buying Ray-Bans from LensCrafters for a few years now. Service has been great and they are always ready sooner than they say they will be. I haven't noticed (or cared) where the lenses are made.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:26 AM

19,448 posts, read 27,893,581 times
Costco but they don't have an in house lab. Still, you'll save money AND they have plenty of wire lenses.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:58 PM

2 posts, read 1,466 times
Default buying eyeglases

I used to get my glasses a costco or sams but I have now just been having an exam and then I buy my glasses from Zenni.com. The frames I have bought the last 2 times were $6.95 and the basic lenses come with pretty much all the coatings ect most people need(UV, anti-reflective and scratch resistant) and the total price for frames lenses and shipping is under $20 and I still have the first 2 pairs I bought and they have never broken and are better frames than you can get from americas best(2 pair for $60). That said I think they are the best frames/lenses that you can get for the money. And it only takes 1-2 weeks to receive them.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:25 PM

375 posts, read 610,409 times
I'll second the suggestion for Zenni.com. The only problem I've had is with the optometrist. They want you to buy their overpriced glasses from their in-house folks so they will not include the pupillary distance in the prescription, It's easy to do yourself. They show you on the website. I think it should be required in Arizona. Lots of states require it IF you ask.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:12 PM

13,331 posts, read 7,368,140 times
Costco is by far the best local deal you can get their return policy is far better then anyone local. I dropped mine cracked the lens they replaced it for free. There are some deals online but the back and forth adjustments is too much of a hassle for me. My wife gets contacts I do go online for that really nothing to adjust.

Costco doesn't charge anything extra for coatings and progressives where small optical store charge $100's for all that. Also they are the only non small optical store that takes my insurance VSP.

I wanted to get my Oakley lens replaced with prescription lens I went into Costco they measured my Pupillary distance for free wrote down the numbers I wasn't even buying anything from them just walked up to the counter. No small optical store would ever do that for you.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:40 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,055,447 times
Yeah, I've used Lenscrafters in CA, but they're too expensive.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:39 AM

19,448 posts, read 27,893,581 times
Zenni is great if you wear single vision. Want progressives? Not so great. Measurements for progressives need to be fairly exact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area