Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 07:35 AM

121 posts, read 116,918 times

Advertisements

Made the trek to the new home in Buckeye this weekend!! Things I've noticed so far.......

1 My neighbors are super friendly !!!
2 After numerous trips down the 10 and 303 I've seen a car about every mile with a flat ??? what am I missing ???
3 Driving on 93 was scary at 2am with a U haul...Saw an owl bigger than the truck, cattle in the middle of the rd that almost took me out, didn't pass a single car for about an hour and stopped at a gas station and payed 4.27 for gas I'm assuming because it was the only one we saw for about 2 hours and that U haul drank gas like Gatorade going up hills.
4 78 on the thermostat feels great when its 100 outside!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 07:40 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
2. Keep your tires inflated near the max pressure on the side wall. They run cooler.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:29 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,581,794 times
^^^^^^^ This
Also, a lot of people in the southwest run their tires till they're bald (no snow and not much rain so they think they don't need to worry about tread). When that tire becomes bald, the heat buildup on the tire is incredible.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:37 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,145,829 times
Plus people with unsecured loads dropping crap on the highways. Make sure you update your car insurance to AZ car insurance. Most of them come with 100% glass replacement...you will be replacing your windshield at some point after another car shoots a rock into you.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:45 AM

Funny you say that..... The rental truck got 3 chips during the trip AND my rental car got one in the 3 days I had it !!! One rock was the size of a quarter that hit the truck, I saw it coming before it hit. Neither the truck rental place or the car rental drop off said anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Plus people with unsecured loads dropping crap on the highways. Make sure you update your car insurance to AZ car insurance. Most of them come with 100% glass replacement...you will be replacing your windshield at some point after another car shoots a rock into you.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:48 AM

that's what i was assuming was no need for snow tires or all season so less tread on the hot roads but wasn't sure if it was that or some kind of crazy asphalt used on AZ roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninvegas View Post
^^^^^^^ This
Also, a lot of people in the southwest run their tires till they're bald (no snow and not much rain so they think they don't need to worry about tread). When that tire becomes bald, the heat buildup on the tire is incredible.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:53 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,145,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beez74 View Post
that's what i was assuming was no need for snow tires or all season so less tread on the hot roads but wasn't sure if it was that or some kind of crazy asphalt used on AZ roads
Nope, no crazy asphalt...normally under-inflated tires, road FOD and/or poor tire maintenance (no protectant, old tires).

Old 08-16-2018, 09:17 AM

83 posts, read 81,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beez74 View Post
Made the trek to the new home in Buckeye this weekend!! Things I've noticed so far.......

1 My neighbors are super friendly !!!
2 After numerous trips down the 10 and 303 I've seen a car about every mile with a flat ??? what am I missing ???
3 Driving on 93 was scary at 2am with a U haul...Saw an owl bigger than the truck, cattle in the middle of the rd that almost took me out, didn't pass a single car for about an hour and stopped at a gas station and payed 4.27 for gas I'm assuming because it was the only one we saw for about 2 hours and that U haul drank gas like Gatorade going up hills.
4 78 on the thermostat feels great when its 100 outside!!
Congrats, you made it! Did you move to Sundance? In any event, welcome to Buckeye. And yes, 78 on the AC feels great when it’s over 100 for sure. Hard to get your head around that when you live in PA, but once you are here, you get it. So far you have missed several monsoon storms and you are now on the downside of temps, so the weather should only get better.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:41 AM

Tartesso...its out there a bit but The drive to stores really isn't to bad to be honest. we have yet to find any food places that deliver way out there and that sucked once we got all moved in and had no groceries yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeclee56 View Post
Congrats, you made it! Did you move to Sundance? In any event, welcome to Buckeye. And yes, 78 on the AC feels great when it’s over 100 for sure. Hard to get your head around that when you live in PA, but once you are here, you get it. So far you have missed several monsoon storms and you are now on the downside of temps, so the weather should only get better.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:36 AM

872 posts, read 999,561 times
How developed is Buckeye now? Is it still the sticks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area