Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 02:56 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,491,888 times

Advertisements

What is the overall vibe of Queen Creek? Is it developing similar to Gilbert/Chandler or is it more of a rustic place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 11:14 AM

11 posts, read 8,844 times
Queen Creek has a more rural style than Gilbert or Chandler. While Gilbert and Chandler have embraced the growth and scaled their roads and infrastructure to accommodate the increased population, Queen Creek seems to be trying to maintain the rural atmosphere where possible. There has been commercial development in Queen Creek that makes it more modern but these are islands in an overall rural setting.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:38 AM

202 posts, read 220,642 times
I like the answer above because it's nonsense. Queen Creek has "maintained" its rural atmosphere because it still is pretty rural, not because the city or local development is trying to maintain that intentionally. There is still land to be developed in parts of Gilbert, Mesa, and to a lesser extent Chandler. Once those are filled up Queen Creek will probably develop into a generic suburb. As of right now it's sequestered behind Gilbert and Chandler and is too far from the rest of the Phoenix area to really have much heavy development outside of cheap housing for people who want nice and clean neighborhoods, but the income level to only buy something old and less nice in the rest of Phoenix and East Valley. Man, I do love the bogus real estate boondoggle statements I hear that try to make real estate development here seem more complicated than it really is...

Last edited by Thomasaz; 09-05-2018 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-06-2018, 06:50 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,054,521 times
OP, you are refnrring to Queen Creek excluding all of the San Tan Village development, right?

Old 09-07-2018, 01:18 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,287,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasaz View Post
I like the answer above because it's nonsense. Queen Creek has "maintained" its rural atmosphere because it still is pretty rural, not because the city or local development is trying to maintain that intentionally. There is still land to be developed in parts of Gilbert, Mesa, and to a lesser extent Chandler. Once those are filled up Queen Creek will probably develop into a generic suburb. As of right now it's sequestered behind Gilbert and Chandler and is too far from the rest of the Phoenix area to really have much heavy development outside of cheap housing for people who want nice and clean neighborhoods, but the income level to only buy something old and less nice in the rest of Phoenix and East Valley. Man, I do love the bogus real estate boondoggle statements I hear that try to make real estate development here seem more complicated than it really is...
I think you're describing San Tan Valley. Actual Queen Creek is like and extension of SE Gilbert and they try to encourage larger lot sizes. There's lots of upscale housing in Queen Creek now, and lots of people with money, even some pro athletes have made their way out there like McNabb and Urlacher. They now have things like Sprouts and clothing stores, lots of restaurants. It's not like it was 10 years ago.

Old 09-07-2018, 01:56 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,362,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I think you're describing San Tan Valley. Actual Queen Creek is like and extension of SE Gilbert and they try to encourage larger lot sizes. There's lots of upscale housing in Queen Creek now, and lots of people with money, even some pro athletes have made their way out there like McNabb and Urlacher. They now have things like Sprouts and clothing stores, lots of restaurants. It's not like it was 10 years ago.
While you are correct about the housing and the Sprouts, the only major clothing stores we have are Kohl's, Ross, and TJMaxx. The Stein Mart and Bealls Outlet have closed. If only Belk could come to Arizona; I think QC would be a perfect location, considering Belk often builds its stores in more rural locations.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:36 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,458,658 times
Downtown Queen Creek is getting pretty nice. Lot's of shops and places to eat keep popping up. Looks like they're making a few improvements down there. I think it will be nice in the future.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:22 PM

6 posts, read 7,253 times
My wife and I miss living in Queen Creek. We discussed moving back despite being a bit longer commute.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:20 AM

202 posts, read 220,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Rich people live in South Chandler too, I'm not going to compare that part of Chandler to North Scottsdale though. Even then, South Chandler is mostly $500-$600k housing. The select few don't define the whole. This is like grasping at straws to make a place seem nicer than it really is. I'm sorry, but I've lived here too long and hear the similar things over and over. I don't get why this is an Arizonian thing, it's like some sort of inferiority complex that convinces people to exaggerate development here.

I do agree that it's more of an extension of Gilbert, but that doesn't really change my original point. Let's have this conversation when someone like Brady or Manning moves here, who have made far more money than either of those players. I just looked up the price of Brady's homes and they're more than the net worth of both Urlacher and McNabb. Hell, one of Brady's homes is worth more than Urlacher. I thought Urlacher lived in Chandler. His daughter went to school in Chandler and the only info I found about him is a house in Chandler, not Queen Creek. I haven't been able to find any information about McNabb living there. I know he lived in Chandler and the only thing I could find was this article about him selling that house: https://bustedcoverage.com/2014/03/1...e-860k-photos/

I don't think either of them live in QC.

Old 10-06-2018, 02:10 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,362,278 times
FYI, about my comments of the clothing stores, it has been confirmed that Old Navy is coming to Queen Creek, possibly either at the former Stein Mart or Bealls Outlet. I don't shop much at Old Navy since their jeans run long, but I occasionally buy T-shirts from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area