Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 02:25 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,967,960 times

Advertisements

Grocery shopping with the 9-5 crowd sucks everywhere...mid day, mid week, or late at night..usually much better. My school, where I was working was across from a huge Fry's...You could hear a pindrop in there during the school day..Saturdays, you would think it was free. Heck, I have seen the London Fog outlet mobbed on a Saturday in mid July..just what you need to fight the heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 06:59 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Try to live in Central Phoenix, South Scottsdale or Tempe. Phoenix is fine for young people and certainly better than Tucson.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:08 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,729,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Where are you originally from ? I visited AZ recently, went to PHX and upstate but did not have time to go to Tucson. Phoenix is a massive city with no people around. Only cars. The only area worth a damn was Tempe because you actually see people walking in the street and sitting at terraces. It's a nice walkable area with pubs an restaurants, but you must know that already. That's where to live if you want fun.

In general I found people to be really chill and easy going. Drivers were quite tolerant. It's also easier to travel to California or Northern AZ from there.
Huh? How did you not go to downtown Phoenix near cityscape? Roosevelt Row? Old town? Hell even downtown Gilbert and Chandler have very walkable downtowns.

Take the train from Tempe to downtown Phoenix on a Friday evening and you’ll see plenty of public transit use.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:16 AM

14 posts, read 15,575 times
I've been almost everywhere in Phoenix. It's a very nice city with a lot of entertainment. It's more of a city for people who like the indoors. Tucson is more of a city for people who like the outdoors. Tucson also caters more to old people than to young people, except at U of A. Phoenix has that cosmopolitan lifestyle with city people. Tucson has more of the town lifestyle with town people. I think those are probably some of the biggest differences between Phoenix and Tucson.

Phoenix is equal to Denver.
Tucson is equal to Colorado Springs.

I'd rather live in Arizona than Colorado. I hate cold snowy weather.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:13 PM

277 posts, read 276,207 times
Quote:
Where are you originally from ? I visited AZ recently, went to PHX and upstate but did not have time to go to Tucson. Phoenix is a massive city with no people around. Only cars. The only area worth a damn was Tempe because you actually see people walking in the street and sitting at terraces. It's a nice walkable area with pubs an restaurants, but you must know that already. That's where to live if you want fun.

In general I found people to be really chill and easy going. Drivers were quite tolerant. It's also easier to travel to California or Northern AZ from there.
So you busted Phoenix in a car for a vacation? Your opinion is worthless

Old 11-21-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Awesome View Post
I'm thinking about relocating to Phoenix from Tucson. I'd really like an expert opinion on this. How is living in Phoenix like compared to living in Tucson? My main concern are the people. Sure, Phoenix has some awesome entertainment and high class shopping. But what about the people? Are the people friendly in Phoenix? I've been in Tucson for 2 years and the majority of the people here are cold and rude. Also, the drivers here are very aggressive and honk their horns. Over here, people honk at you for no reason and flip you off. Is there a lot of horn honking in Phoenix and a lot of aggression? I also did look at a recent poll and saw that Phoenix ranked friendlier than Tucson. Furthermore, do grocery stores and places generally get packed during the day or all the time?

At this point, I have a choice to stay in Tucson or move to Phoenix. I'm kind of wanting to try living in Phoenix. I just am concerned about how friendly the people are. Based on day trips, I've found the people to be far friendlier and warmer than in Tucson, but that is only based on 3-5 hour trips there.
Phoenix is like a small LA, and relative to the size of LA that still means pretty big

Old 11-21-2018, 06:22 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
So you busted Phoenix in a car for a vacation? Your opinion is worthless

I stayed a week and went everywhere they say it's good. I have been around North America, Europe, Africa and it ain't my fault but honestly PHX sucks. It's not what most people have in mind when they hear the word "city". AZ is great though. I spent another week in Coconino & Yavapai County.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I stayed a week and went everywhere they say it's good. I have been around North America, Europe, Africa and it ain't my fault but honestly PHX sucks. It's not what most people have in mind when they hear the word "city". AZ is great though. I spent another week in Coconino & Yavapai County.
So you spent a week in Phoenix and you think it sucks but feel the need to comment on a obscure forum about it?????????????!?

Some things just don’t pass the bullsh*t test my man.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:46 PM

14 posts, read 15,575 times
I'd say this:

1. Phoenix.
2. Tucson.

Anywhere else in Arizona are all small towns with nothing to do. I'm a city person. Honestly though, I wouldn't move out of state.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:46 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,253 times
Lol some people are so touchy here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area