Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 03:40 PM

49 posts, read 159,302 times

Advertisements

Hi!

My husband has accepted a job in Glendale- on W Bell (not far from the mall I think). We are relocating from TX and are excited about AZ!

Anyway, I have done research on school districts and 2 in the area keep popping up- Deer Valley and Peoria. Any insight/experience with these?

We want a 4 bed/2 bath house in a family friendly neighborhood. Hopefully priced about 250k (so, yes that eliminates the super fancy areas!) My husband drove from his work to Vistancia and it took about 30 minutes at 3 in the afternoon, so that may be a little longer than ideal. Traffic will be a big adjustment for us.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Nellie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 06:01 PM

12 posts, read 52,892 times
Nellie,
We just moved here from Hawaii about 2 months ago. We bought a home in Arrowhead Ranch. We also looked in Vistancia but decided Arrowhead was more convient to everything. We bought in Sierra Verde it's a great family area with lakes and walking paths and plenty of parks and we bought across the street from the Elementary school so our daughter can walk to class in less than 5 mins. We really love it here a 10 out of 10.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:13 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,483,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLee1960 View Post
Nellie,
We just moved here from Hawaii about 2 months ago. We bought a home in Arrowhead Ranch. We also looked in Vistancia but decided Arrowhead was more convient to everything. We bought in Sierra Verde it's a great family area with lakes and walking paths and plenty of parks and we bought across the street from the Elementary school so our daughter can walk to class in less than 5 mins. We really love it here a 10 out of 10.
Second that. We also live in Sierra Verde.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:36 AM

611 posts, read 2,307,376 times
Welcome soon to AZ!

Vistancia and Sierra Verde are both very nice. Fletcher Heights, Terramar, Sonoran Mountain Ranch, West Wing Mountain, and Pleasant Valley are also good developments in the area you're considering. It depends upon what type of a development you're interested in. Vistancia is a master planned community with lots of amenities and community events; which is a great way to quickly make friends all over the community in addition to your specific neighborhood section. We live in Vistancia and love it. Our schools, Vistancia Elementary, Liberty, and Sunrise Mountain High School are all "excelling" schools (the highest rating). I hear good things from parents and teachers about Liberty and Sunrise Mountain schools. Our kids attend VE, and we are very pleased. Good teachers and lots of parental involvement. I've met parents who purposely moved from other school areas just to get into the schools here. Best wishes in your search!

Old 05-03-2008, 09:43 AM

71 posts, read 210,954 times
Where is Arrowhead Ranch. Is that further north then Vistancia? Would possibly like to buy a house maybe rent first. Are there a lot rentals in the area?

Old 05-03-2008, 10:55 AM

3,819 posts, read 11,938,904 times
Arrowhead Ranch is SE of Vistancia by quite a bit...it's right off the 101 generally between 59th Ave and 75th Ave, so it's much more convenient then Vistancia...I'd say probably around a 15 minute drive.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:13 AM

611 posts, read 2,307,376 times
Arrowhead is a large development that has multiple price range sections. It is on both the northern and southern sides of the 101 and runs from 51st Ave to 79th Ave. I agree with HX Guy that it takes approx. 15 min between Arrowhead and Vistancia. Both developments have homes available for rent. Here is a cool website to help with locations of subdivisions, etc: Arizona Neighborhoods Map Click on a subdivision, and it will show you homes for sale, for rent, etc for any subdivision in the Phoenix area. I wish we would have known about it when we were house hunting. It would have made our search much easier.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,935 times
Default Glendale/Peoria Homes (Arrowhead Terramar, Sierra Verde)

I was reading everyone's post because I am currently getting a master's degree in Education and I am trying to pick the best school district to apply to.

I actually live near the Hillcrest area in Glendale.

I decided to post because my mom is a realtor that concentrates mainly in this Glendale/Peoria area.
She can answer questions about school zones and search for the specifics that you want in a house.

Contact her

Kim Stiner
High Profile Realty
[EMAIL="kimstiner@msn.com"]kimstiner@msn.com[/EMAIL]
(623)680-6229
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area