Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 12:02 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,922,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post

Huh?? Detroit argues? You won't find a C-D thread where Detroit has ever admitted he was wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
HA! Detroit must be in a mood to argue today.
Truer words were never spoken..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 01:49 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,151,444 times
Quote:
"
Huh?? Detroit argues? You won't find a C-D thread where Detroit has ever admitted he was wrong. So I will: I should have known that "Scottsdale is a very diverse city with a diverse demographic" was meant to describe that there are a lot of kids in Scottsdale: nothing more nothing less. So I was wrong. My bad..
But....but...the semantics! Everything is black and white! Never mind the implied nuances of your statement! I always love how people are constantly trying to prove each other wrong on these threads. /end sarcasm

Back on-Topic...OP there are numerous resources out there to help determine whether or not a scool or district is good. Some we aren't supposed to mention on this forum but they are the usual suspects when looking up school performance, another is the site I posted earlier for the State Report Cards.

Again, I would not hesitate to move my family to Scottsdale if it was warranted. I graduated from PVUSD right next door but PVUSD was hit and miss (at the time) depending on the school.

Old 02-27-2019, 01:57 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,651,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
But....but...the semantics! Everything is black and white! Never mind the implied nuances of your statement! I always love how people are constantly trying to prove each other wrong on these threads. /end sarcasm
That's the thing that I think you're missing. I was never arguing semantics. I simply stated that Scottsdale is diverse, and was then challenged on it's racial makeup, in a reaching attempt to argue. Here is where the "conversation" started:

//www.city-data.com/forum/54545371-post6.html

I won't claim innocence 100% of the time, but this time you're pointing the finger at the wrong person. I started out by simply responding to the OP's concern.

Old 02-27-2019, 01:59 PM

9,746 posts, read 11,169,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Boy, today just isn't your day for reading comprehension. My comment was to illustrate that, and I'll quote since I already wrote it above, "There are people from DIVERSE backgrounds, family structures and stages of life in Scottsdale."

That was addressing the OP's concern about Scottsdale being primarily a retirement community. Pretty simple and straightforward, despite your attempts to derail this into some off-topic argument about race, etc. You should really just pay attention to the words written and quit desperately seeking an argument where one doesn't exist.
My reading comprehension skills will be enhanced when your points are clearer. Next time, write something succinctly like:

"Scottsdale isn't considered a retirement community. Rather, many children are located throughout Scottsdale." Done!

If you have to add in another post "There are people from DIVERSE backgrounds, family structures and stages of life in Scottsdale" AFTER you write "Scottsdale is a very diverse city with a diverse demographic", it's not all that clear. I think you wanted to point out how diverse Scottsdale is again (ethnicity, religions, culture, etc). If not, why would you highlight how it's "very diverse" in relation (of all things) age? After all, age was the ops question.

If you think about it a little more, it will sink in.

Old 02-27-2019, 02:03 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,651,119 times
Quote:
My reading comprehension skills will be enhanced when your points are clearer. Next time, write something succinctly like:

"Scottsdale isn't considered a retirement community. Rather, many children are located throughout Scottsdale." Done!

If you have to add in another post "There are people from DIVERSE backgrounds, family structures and stages of life in Scottsdale" AFTER you write "Scottsdale is a very diverse city with a diverse demographic", it's not all that clear. I think you wanted to point out how diverse Scottsdale is again (ethnicity, religions, culture, etc). If not, why would you highlight how it's "very diverse" in relation (of all things) age? After all, age was the ops question.

If you think about it a little more, it will sink in.
My initial point remains and was plenty clear. You seem to be the only one triggered and bewildered by it. If the OP needs clarification, she'll ask.

Old 02-27-2019, 02:08 PM

9,746 posts, read 11,169,688 times
Quote:
My initial point remains and was plenty clear. You seem to be the only one triggered and bewildered by it. If the OP needs clarification, she'll ask.
It really wasn't. But this is: "Scottsdale isn't considered a retirement community. Rather, many children are located throughout Scottsdale."

Quote:

I won't claim innocence 100% of the time, ...
Progress! (I believe in positive reinforcement.) ALL in fun Detroit.

Old 02-27-2019, 02:39 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times
All right you two...

Old 02-27-2019, 02:50 PM

640 posts, read 958,177 times
Quote:
It really wasn't. But this is: "Scottsdale isn't considered a retirement community. Rather, many children are located throughout Scottsdale."

Progress! (I believe in positive reinforcement.) ALL in fun Detroit.
Seriously, get a room guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area