Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2019, 05:02 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,661,913 times

Advertisements

I've got a bit of a pickle... I need a safe, but it cannot be taller than 55" (and can't be much shorter, the long guns gotta fit!) So far, this has eliminated all "real" safes that a store would deliver/install that I've found. I found an acceptable-to-me alternative online, but would need someone to move it into place, bolt it down, and drill a hole for an electric kit. Or, find a "real" safe that's about that height and not thousands upon thousands of dollars!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 05:51 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,451,135 times
Personally I wouldn't want to pay anyone to either deliver a safe to my home or to install it for me. I may be somewhat paranoid in my thinking, but I would always have it in the back of my head that they could sell out my information and I could eventually be targeted for a home invasion or at least on a list somewhere.

This is just me, but to avoid any possible issues I would pay in cash and install myself, even if all I get from it is peace of mind.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:32 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,488 times
I've done extensive research into safes lately and there's a company right in CA who does custom safes called Vault Pro USA. They're not cheap like a 14 gauge Stack On safe or the storage lockers you get at Costco,they start at 10 gauge down to 1/4" steel. The door gap between the door and frame is only 1/16",not like the cheapo safes which usually have a 1/2" door play. They also make custom safes in any size and any colors you want with custom paint jobs available too. Everything is made right there on site and they wrap it and deliver it right into your garage. As far as moving it from the garage into your house I would just go out and rent a dolly or a pallet jack and get a couple friends together and bring it inside. Unless you're going up to a second floor it's not going to be difficult getting inside.

https://www.vaultprousa.com

Old 03-01-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
Personally I wouldn't want to pay anyone to either deliver a safe to my home or to install it for me. I may be somewhat paranoid in my thinking, but I would always have it in the back of my head that they could sell out my information and I could eventually be targeted for a home invasion or at least on a list somewhere.

This is just me, but to avoid any possible issues I would pay in cash and install myself, even if all I get from it is peace of mind.
I'm not The Hulk. There is literally no way for me to move a safe that weighs hundreds of pounds into the tight space it needs to go and then properly secure it. I very much doubt that any reputable safe company would risk their livelihood by hiring people who would do that. And, what? "Yo, man, this dude just got this huge safe installed, that's the house we want to try to rob"? Professional thieves go after what's inside... they don't crack open safes for the joy of doing it.

There are lots of things I pay for that someone else can "do themselves" because it makes a lot more sense for me to part with the value of a little bit of my time than take up a whole lot of my time trying to do a job I'm not really qualified to do.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:08 PM

24,463 posts, read 25,999,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
I'm not The Hulk. There is literally no way for me to move a safe that weighs hundreds of pounds into the tight space it needs to go and then properly secure it. I very much doubt that any reputable safe company would risk their livelihood by hiring people who would do that. And, what? "Yo, man, this dude just got this huge safe installed, that's the house we want to try to rob"? Professional thieves go after what's inside... they don't crack open safes for the joy of doing it.

There are lots of things I pay for that someone else can "do themselves" because it makes a lot more sense for me to part with the value of a little bit of my time than take up a whole lot of my time trying to do a job I'm not really qualified to do.
My friend moved his large gun safe to a new home and installed in his basement using a stair stepper dolly that you can rent.

Check out the link and the video.

How to Move a Gun Safe With a Dolly The Right Way (And Avoid Disaster)

Old 03-01-2019, 02:22 PM

I have zero interest in trying to move a safe. And I don't have the tools to properly anchor it. I'd far rather pay someone to do it right than to take all day beating myself up.

Fortunately, Liberty Safe on Germann will install.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area