Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2019, 10:03 AM

34 posts, read 47,810 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of moving to Sun City West AZ. from Northern CA. where if we stayed in CA. and I had the Knee Surgery with my Medicare and AARP PLAN F Supplemental there are NO Costs. I read in another Post here that AZ. doesn't cover under Medical Part B like CA.? Is that true and that you need to pay Concierge Money$ basically to get a good PC Doctor that will spend more then 5 minutes with you???
We need to understand the Medical Costs before moving and the system- thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 11:38 AM

550 posts, read 1,127,449 times
They are many people here who had knee surgery and are on Medicare. I am on Medicare and AARP Universal Healthcare supplemental plan F, I have never had anything refused. Check out the Core Institute. I have a Primary Care doctor and he spends more than 5 minutes with me. He answers all of my questions.

Old 03-02-2019, 05:08 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,178,942 times
Almost all doctors and hospitals accept Plan F. Including the Mayo Clinic. Of course, it is simple enough to ask any prospective doctor or hospital. I don't think you will have any issues.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:23 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,974,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoPoppy View Post
We are thinking of moving to Sun City West AZ. from Northern CA. where if we stayed in CA. and I had the Knee Surgery with my Medicare and AARP PLAN F Supplemental there are NO Costs. I read in another Post here that AZ. doesn't cover under Medical Part B like CA.? Is that true and that you need to pay Concierge Money$ basically to get a good PC Doctor that will spend more then 5 minutes with you???
We need to understand the Medical Costs before moving and the system- thanks
That was in the Prescott thread. There's a shortage of primary care physicians in Prescott because so many retirees are moving there. As far as I know this situation is unique to Prescott, which is a highly touted retirement destination.

It seems that some people are moving there without checking the availability of medical care beforehand, so it looks like you're ahead of the game.

Old 03-03-2019, 06:55 AM

673 posts, read 466,466 times
Here is a thought. Why don't you contact AARP and find out, get it in writing. That's what I would do. These folks here are very nice but, unless I missed it, don't work for the insurance company.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:48 AM

34 posts, read 47,810 times
Thanks so y'all for answering and getting it straight it is Prescott. We are going to go to AZ. soon and look at houses and I am going to try to talk to a Doctor also. This is such a big decision at our ages. We live in a town of only 100,000 and most of our Doctors are Not taking new Patients. But it is fairly easy to get appointment with our Doctors and not wait long in the ER or Prompt Care either. I wish I could talk my husband into renting a furnished house for the summer in Sun City West, they are very cheap and just get to take our time figuring things out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area