Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2019, 06:56 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,357,470 times

Advertisements

I was under the impression that they had to have a clear shot of your face and match it to the photo on your DL before mailing the ticket out. I got a warning in the mail today for a speed violation on my bike, wearing a full face helmet with black visor and sunglasses. My face was totally invisible in the photo. Granted, it was only a warning. But can they issue citations with no facial recognition or matching to your DL photo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 06:29 AM

4,603 posts, read 6,371,820 times
Photo of license plate is all that is required in order for that private company to attempt to extort money from you. A warning means nothing, legally....some will argue that a citation doesn't either.

Photo enforcement information

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 03-22-2019, 08:03 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,357,470 times
The letter is from the Scottsdale Police Dept. and makes no indication of what my violation was. I know it was speeding and not running a red light. Just wondering if, hypothetically, I were to do this again, they could send me a real violation without getting my face in the photo. Back when there were cameras on the 17 and the 101, I know I tripped a few of those cameras, as the flow of traffic was always more than 11 mph over. But I never got a cite in the mail for it.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:50 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,664,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
I was under the impression that they had to have a clear shot of your face and match it to the photo on your DL before mailing the ticket out. I got a warning in the mail today for a speed violation on my bike, wearing a full face helmet with black visor and sunglasses. My face was totally invisible in the photo. Granted, it was only a warning. But can they issue citations with no facial recognition or matching to your DL photo?
If your license plate got dirty or bent, or if some hooligan slapped a sticker on it... Of course, then you'd have to be worried about being pulled over, and wouldn't be able to play Who Was Actually Driving? then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: