Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 03:52 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,891,017 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone...I will have a 5 hour layover at Sky Harbor Airport,so I was wondering what are the best spots inside the airport that's good to relax in?

Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 06:04 PM

6,408 posts, read 9,028,963 times
There's reasonable dining options depending on which terminal you'll be stuck in. Other than dining it's just another airport if you ask me. I've never been in an airport that I'd want to lounge in for 5 hours.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:12 PM

7,333 posts, read 12,416,300 times
Terminal 4 probably has the most amenities since it is the largest, while Terminal 2 is very limited.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:41 PM

2,791 posts, read 7,489,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiaguy2007 View Post
Hi Everyone...I will have a 5 hour layover at Sky Harbor Airport,so I was wondering what are the best spots inside the airport that's good to relax in?

Thanks !
Which airline? As mentioned above, the terminals vary in their amenities.

Also, are you willing to exit the secure area in order to have more options, or would you rather not have to be re-screened?

Old 07-07-2019, 10:23 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies...I will be flying with American Airlines,and I would rather remain in the secure area.

Just looking for a good place to eat and drink,and to also just relax while watching movies on my tablet until my departure time.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:35 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,345,654 times
I like Blanco Taco and Tequila https://www.blancotacostequila.com/l...arbor-airport/

Old 07-08-2019, 07:46 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,419,315 times
I think American is in Terminal 4. There are 4 gate areas post-security in Terminal 4. You can walk from one gate area to another fairly easily. There are plenty of options in Terminal 4.

Even though we are usually in a different gate area, we always go to Barrio Cafe (D gates). There are also a couple of local brewery outlets in Terminal 4: 4 Peaks and San Tan. We've visited both of the main locations. Our preference is 4 Peaks.

We ended up spending about 4 hours at Barrio Cafe due to a delayed flight.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:33 AM

2,791 posts, read 7,489,045 times
There are seven concourses in Terminal 4, and they are all linked behind the security checkpoints by a series of moving walkways. If you like to walk for fitness, you can put in quite a few steps visiting all the concourses. American uses the A and B gates on the north side of the terminal. If you walk towards the international gates, you can then follow a walkway to the C and D gates on the south side.

A visit to Barrio Cafe would have you making the full circuit from one side of the terminal to the other. Some other places I like include Cowboy Ciao (southwestern-ish food near the international B gates) and Sweet Republic (ice cream near the domestic B gates). Basically, it'll be a proposition of eating and drinking and then walking to burn the calories. There's also a little shopping in the concourses, but the bigger and more interesting stores are largely pre-security.

American Airlines has two Admirals Clubs in the terminal. They don't sell day passes at the Phoenix locations, though. If you want access, you'd have to be a member of the club or another airline club with reciprocal privileges. There's also an independently operated lounge that does sell a day pass, but only if you use an American Express card. It seems to be in transition right now to new ownership by American Express, so I'm not sure exactly what it's called or how good it is:

https://www.loungebuddy.com/PHX/temp...l-4-tjoOEVpBVD

There's a map of Terminal 4 with all these places indicated, but Sky Harbor's website is weirdly designed in a way that makes deep linking difficult. Follow this link, then select "Terminal 4" followed by "Level 3" to see what's available post-security. The light blue indicates the moving walkways that connect all concourses behind the TSA checkpoints.

https://www.skyharbor.com/maps

Old 07-08-2019, 10:06 AM

1,940 posts, read 3,579,747 times
La Madeleine is my favorite (native Houstonian here so I have to get my fill when I visit AZ), but also Cartel coffee is cool if you want some local Phoenix flavor. Sky Harbor is much preferable to LAX. It can feel crowded, but not nearly the crush of humanity we're used to in SoCal. It's always best to not leave the security screening area when possible.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:21 PM

I'm currently in Houston,but returning back to California later this week,and thanks for the suggestions and advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
La Madeleine is my favorite (native Houstonian here so I have to get my fill when I visit AZ), but also Cartel coffee is cool if you want some local Phoenix flavor. Sky Harbor is much preferable to LAX. It can feel crowded, but not nearly the crush of humanity we're used to in SoCal. It's always best to not leave the security screening area when possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area