Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 01:02 PM

171 posts, read 692,458 times

Advertisements

I am not trying to call anyone a Phoenix basher. There may be other places that are better but that was not why some people are upset. My family and I have thought about moving to the Phoenix area next year and this site is helping us a lot. I have noticed that a lot of people that live there are the one's bashing it. I just think that everyone has their own thoughts and everyone is entitled to share them but the point of this thread was to show off some really good pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 01:08 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,071,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha43055 View Post
I am not trying to call anyone a Phoenix basher. There may be other places that are better but that was not why some people are upset. My family and I have thought about moving to the Phoenix area next year and this site is helping us a lot. I have noticed that a lot of people that live there are the one's bashing it. I just think that everyone has their own thoughts and everyone is entitled to share them but the point of this thread was to show off some really good pictures.
Sure which you think are fabulous, and I don't. What's the issue? You don't like a differing opinion and live on cloud 9 as far as the Phoenix area or what?

Old 04-17-2008, 01:20 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,173,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
Sure which you think are fabulous, and I don't. What's the issue? You don't like a differing opinion and live on cloud 9 as far as the Phoenix area or what?
The OP posted some pics of downtown Phx, I think where the problem lies is that some come on here and start something. Can't we just look at the pics without having to make negative comments? Is that at all possible? We can't have a thread that doesn't become a problem? Do we always have to compare things with others instead of just taking it in? It becomes VERY annoying, not to mention off topic of the thread.

This needs to STOP now.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:31 PM

264 posts, read 1,086,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
You guys call this a fabulous city/downtown? Wow, need to get out more people, seriously. There are many beautiful things about Phoenix area, but it's downtown area(if it can even be called that) ain't.
Hang on there champ.. people are just enjoying the photos we aren't giving Downtown Phoenix the "Awesomest Downtown in the World Award" It doesn't have super skyscrapers but I think it's a fine looking core.

Grow up or better yet leave this thread if you've got nothing constructive to say IN RELATION TO THE TOPIC, which is about some really nice photos.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:23 PM

5 posts, read 22,083 times
I just bought a historic home downtown, and love it. Ive been in Tempe tooo Long. There are some cool hidden lounges down there that are awesome. The city does shut down around 9 though. Kind of eerie. But the City Scape project should boost it up a bit

Old 04-18-2008, 09:21 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,962,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post

Too bad is really doesn't look that good in person. I'm not bashing and I'm actually content being back but I think these pictures look better than the real thing. The pictures look great.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:28 PM

600 posts, read 1,084,253 times
I disagree, these pictures are taken pretty much where the AZ art district is. Its the most amazing district ive ever spent time in. I am actually deciding to stay in AZ after i graduate college JUST so i dont loose this amazing area. And it IS very pretty, even in person.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:07 AM

14 posts, read 22,056 times
I think Phoenix looks great at night, It pretty cool to see the massive size of the city at night. Not to mention the city plans to switch all street and freeway lights to L.E.D.. It will look even better at night! I just can't wait for them to break ground on the Observation Tower.

This by far is my favorite picture of Phoenix.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:05 PM

197 posts, read 454,251 times
I feel like im in New York! lol jk Nice pics though. Does anyone know how tall the Palomar residences at Cityscape is supposed to be? I know there working on it right now...

Old 04-18-2013, 09:07 PM

391 posts, read 841,281 times
wow majestic that pic is crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area