Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2019, 02:02 AM

8,046 posts, read 12,290,519 times

Advertisements

https://www.azfamily.com/news/new-ar...b6bcb8c66.html

Thankfully they didn't get their way this time, thanks to the majority who voted in favor of the new development. It has gotten to the point where these crybabies who raise a fuss about "their" views being obstructed are actually more entertainment value than anything else. It's actually kind of humorous to see how they soil their diapers over petty, non essential matters like mountain views. It's even more humorous to see them being struck down. They didn't get their way on Prop 105, and it looks pretty likely that they'll lose this battle too. On with the Suns practice facility and hotel! NIMBYs be gone!
()
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 09:10 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,914,073 times
I'm not for nimby's, but mountain views dramatically affect your property value. If I bought and lived in a home for years with views of Camelback and a new development was going to block them I would be none too happy.

Old 10-03-2019, 09:22 AM

6,407 posts, read 9,004,494 times
Does a village committee vote warrant it's own thread? This isn't a resolved issue.

Old 10-03-2019, 11:34 AM

8,046 posts, read 12,290,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
I'm not for nimby's, but mountain views dramatically affect your property value. If I bought and lived in a home for years with views of Camelback and a new development was going to block them I would be none too happy.
The new development will likely improve property values even more, and is proposed to have a rather paltry height increase compared to what's already in place. It's not like they're planning a 60 story skyscraper on the property. And even so, all they have to do is step away from the so called obstruction so they can have their precious views. It's baffling why a large city like this has so many NIMBYs who oppose practically everything new & improved. If they like their mountain views & tranquility so much while opposing growth & development, they'd be better off in a rural area or smaller place.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:05 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,468,988 times
They complained about obstructing the view of the mountain "from the road". One should be looking at the road while driving, not the mountain. Good grief.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:55 PM

77 posts, read 53,223 times
I agree with Valley Native. NIMBYs should search for the small towns that best meet their needs, move there and revitalize those local economies.

Whoever chooses to live in a city should accept the fact that an urban environment has its own character, and that new architectural projects will be completed. Constant development is a main feature of a major city. Metro Phoenix can’t look like Winslow or Holbrook, only larger. It can’t be stuck in the past. We need more aesthetically pleasing modern developments in Arizona’s largest cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area