Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 04:18 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,850,891 times

Advertisements

I was looking in Richmond, Glen Allen and Midlothian specifically. Out of 9 complexes I visited only 2 were completely non smoking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2019, 12:51 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I was looking in Richmond, Glen Allen and Midlothian specifically. Out of 9 complexes I visited only 2 were completely non smoking.
You'll find more non-smoking complexes out west than you will in the south. Just like there are more pet friendly complexes in the west than the south.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:39 PM

60 posts, read 39,959 times
You chose to live in a multi dwelling building populated by other people and you’re finding out other people may not live or do things you do or like.

If you can find a non smoking facility, I highly recommend you move there.

Old 02-23-2020, 02:51 PM

390 posts, read 307,218 times
Oh, you left Albuquerque? May I ask why? What made you decide to return to Phoenix?

Old 02-23-2020, 03:01 PM

390 posts, read 307,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMouse111 View Post
I want to know what my rights are? I moved into an absolutely lovely apartment. I think it's wonderful!! New neighbors moved in after I did and they like to smoke pot. It's the cheap kind that smells like two skunks fighting. Soooo, my question is, is this fair?! I am a clean, peaceful individual wanting to enjoy the unit I'm renting ONLY to have it overcome with SKUNK smell emanating from the bathroom!

I was told that I could be moved to another unit or I could have my lease broken. I was also told that the pot smoker has EVERY RIGHT to smoke. Nevermind that their foul skunk smell is pouring into my unit. So basically I've been told that I'm to adjust to a pothead that can stink up my apartment whenever and however they want.

How is this fair? It's not just me, mind you. There are many people in my boat. Apparently, the pothead has more rights than a clean peaceful apartment dweller. The message is loud and clear. I have no rights. The pothead has all the rights.

There was even stogies left halfway up my stairwell as some kind of odd peace offering and I didn't know what they were at first as I despise smoke of any kind. Pot makes my eyes burn and turn red. My stomach starts to get terrible cramps. Smoke isn't exactly my cup of tea.

What can one person do to change the law? What can one person do to make the potheads move out? Why should I move when I am not causing the problem? This is absurd!!

Please, somebody with wisdom and knowledge, tell me what my rights are? I know there are some very intelligent people on this board who have the answers. Please tell me what I need to do to resolve this issue. Management does not care. They defend potheads. The cops don't care either, unless they can smell it outside their door.

What can be done? This isn't right. Keep in mind that elderly people and children are subjected to this skunk stench too. Is that fair? And don't give me bogus answers about their rights? I want somebody to tell me that my rights matter too!!!

If they want the right to pot then find a POTHEAD APARTMENT BUILDING that stinks to high heaven and leave us NONSMOKERS in peace! I really need some intelligent feedback regarding this subject.

Thank you.

MissMouse111, I've read some of your posts here and I am wondering how you are doing. Have you found another place? I hope that you are not still considering living in your car. Any updates?

Old 05-08-2020, 10:25 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delunsa View Post
The weed that smells like skunk is the good weed.
Curious, does medical marijuana smell like skunk? If the OP moves into a non-smoking building, would she have to endure skunk odor if it is medical-grade, issued for a medical problem, with a prescription from a doctor?

Old 05-08-2020, 10:29 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMouse111 View Post
I was told it is not illegal if you have it for medical use. Seems like slow torture to me. Nothing beats clean air in my opinion.
Ah, you sort of answered my question, but I'd still like to be sure. Were you told that for an apartment house that allows tobacco smoking or also for a no-tobacco-smoking apartment?

Old 05-16-2020, 11:08 PM

445 posts, read 399,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Ah, you sort of answered my question, but I'd still like to be sure. Were you told that for an apartment house that allows tobacco smoking or also for a no-tobacco-smoking apartment?
It's so funny you should ask this question right about now. It resolved on it's own with lots of prayer. It still pops up on occasion but never as bad as when I first moved in. I was able to tape up a lot of pockets under the sink (which is not sealed off) in the bathroom where the smoke seeped in. I learned that from doing my research. Apparently not all apartments are properly sealed so smoke wanders from one unit to the next.

It pays to do your homework if you have pot smoke coming into your unit!! And it also pays to take reviews seriously before moving in. Don't hope you luck out! Many times, you won't.

Lesson learned. Thank you for checking in on me. I really appreciate it. I'm sure other people have the same issue, they just don't talk about it.

Old 05-16-2020, 11:11 PM

Quote:
To answer this question, this complex allows it. Apparently from all the complex reviews, lots of pot smokers!!

I was even told by someone that people go to nonsmoking complexes and try to smoke there too because they'd prefer not to have a foul smelling unit. Isn't that rich?

Old 05-16-2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Curious, does medical marijuana smell like skunk? If the OP moves into a non-smoking building, would she have to endure skunk odor if it is medical-grade, issued for a medical problem, with a prescription from a doctor?
By the way, I am completely giving up on apartments!! NEVER AGAIN!! I want to rent a small house for the first time in my life! Maybe a cottage...

I am asking for too much if I'm against the stench of smoke and loud music...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area