Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 06:55 AM

3,698 posts, read 2,420,716 times

Advertisements

And mags only has 10 posts?

Hee-hee....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 11:58 AM

8,045 posts, read 12,278,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mags61 View Post
When someone starts a thread about moving to Phoenix or somewhere in Arizona, the typical questions are asked like where are the best neighborhoods, schools, jobs, scenic areas, and what’s the cost for a house or apartment, what’s the traffic situation, quality of life, that sort of thing.
Here are some expected replies from the regular members.

teddyearp –
Arizona is a terrible place, do not think about moving here.

Ponderosa –
Yes, Arizona is terrible and getting more so. Summers are scorching hot and the quality of life has been declining for more than 20 years. It’s too big and congested. My 16,000 sf lot in Estrella isn’t far away enough from humanity.

locolife –
What do you mean Arizona is terrible and quality of life is declining? I travel all over the country and Phoenix is the best city for everything. Downtown is alive and vibrant, traffic is nothing compared to other big cities, and nowhere else has sunny weather and hiking like the Phoenix area does.

Valley native –
Who cares about sunny weather and hiking? I live here for better reasons. Build more skyscrapers!

Pink Jazz –
The best neighborhoods, schools, and jobs are housed in pink buildings with light rail tracks in the front. Traffic would be better if they added more orbit bus routes and a pink light rail line all the way to Queen Creek. The best scenery is me in a pink fairy costume on a light rail train.

DetroitN8V –
Scottsdale is the be-all end-all center of the universe for quality of life, but the best breweries are downtown and the best gay bars are in Melrose. Duh.

MN-born-n-raised –
My analogy is as follows.
Yammer and ramble in several paragraphs about how much my net worth is, what I paid for my 2nd house, why Minnesota’s 10,000 lakes are better than anything in Arizona, why I snowbird for 6 months, throw in a few lines about my worldly travels, and conclude with some links and statistics most people scan over or ignore.

Zippyman –
Quality of life would be better if it wasn’t for all the thug cops who harass and shoot innocent people.

Prickly Pear –
Sprawl is out of control, we’re tearing up the desert for more housing, the sun is brutal, not enough shade trees, climate change and global warming are threatening our non-existent quality of life. The sky is falling!
This is a clever script you came up with, and pretty accurate for the most part. You even perfected what I would often say. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I appreciate good parody humor like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
Funny stuff! Amazing post for a newbie!
No, I'm pretty sure that poster has been on here before under a different name. How else would he/she/it know so much about what each of the regulars would post?

Old 11-04-2019, 12:06 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,717,544 times
So, I suppose the conclusion is:

1. People should do basic statistical research (and forum searches) before posting the same questions.

2. Maybe there should be a sticky for reference.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:57 PM

24,491 posts, read 26,033,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
This is a clever script you came up with, and pretty accurate for the most part. You even perfected what I would often say. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I appreciate good parody humor like this.

No, I'm pretty sure that poster has been on here before under a different name. How else would he/she/it know so much about what each of the regulars would post?
Could have read the forum without logging in.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:31 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,097,428 times
Thanks for the honorable mention. And hey, I made the top of the list!

Old 11-04-2019, 04:08 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,155,761 times
You forgot about Pink Jazz's infatuation with Gas Pumps and locolife's suit fetish (if I remember right)...but all in all, pretty funny.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:59 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,924,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Thanks for the honorable mention. And hey, I made the top of the list!
I'm not sure being number one on this list is a good thing, but, hey, you still get a participation trophy, bro..

Old 11-04-2019, 10:45 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,605,592 times
I'm actually glad to not be included. I shall not be mocked!

Old 11-05-2019, 09:02 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,097,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
I'm not sure being number one on this list is a good thing, but, hey, you still get a participation trophy, bro..
Bad press is good press, I've got a bad reputation to try to hold on to, getting harder as I mature. And yes, it is all about MY trophy!

Old 11-05-2019, 09:05 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,924,441 times
and a well deserved trophy at that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area