Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 08:22 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,918,659 times

Advertisements

High-density and Gilbert are terms I've never seen used in the same sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 08:46 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,967,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
The area just slightly east of Agritopia is still relatively quiet, but in the future it'll get busy. The 2020 plans for zoning is for a good amount of medium density/medium-high density housing. There will be plenty of apartments and condos/townhomes type buildings constructed along that corridor mostly around Williams Field/Higley to Recker. All those folks moving in will definitely make the Agritopia area stay busy for sure.
East of that gets into the flight routes for Williams Gateway wouldn't want to live that close to the airport.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:56 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,309,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
There's plenty of higher density housing in Gilbert, just no mid rises or high rises. In the OP's case, they are talking about small lot single family detached zero lot line housing product, but it does get more dense than that. Here's the Epicenter Development at Agritopia under development for instance.

Old 11-12-2019, 01:42 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,299,978 times
Agritopia is such an amazing concept. It is a very popular development and wildly successful. Moreover, the demand has always been high in the community. What I can't understand is why this neighborhood concept hasn't been duplicated by other developers. They continue to build the same cookie-cutter houses with gravel front yards, no porch area whatsoever, and the occasional greenbelt.

I know your response - why wouldn't they continue to build the same old things, when they always sell out due to the demand for housing out here? I get that...but one can continue to hope for more visionaries like Joe Johnston that will create more neighborhoods like this. Verrado and Marley Park are somewhat similar, but communities like those are few and far between.

Old 11-12-2019, 03:29 PM

15,254 posts, read 13,049,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
I know your response - why wouldn't they continue to build the same old things, when they always sell out due to the demand for housing out here? I get that...but one can continue to hope for more visionaries like Joe Johnston that will create more neighborhoods like this. Verrado and Marley Park are somewhat similar, but communities like those are few and far between.
Don't the Johnstons actually live *in* Agritopia? I thought I read that somewhere.

I don't know how many developers want to live in the area they're building out.

Old 11-12-2019, 05:53 PM

31,283 posts, read 22,274,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
Touche' I've lived in Gilbert on and off for the last 25 years and most of it is built up enough that it will never be really "high density" except some of the places brought up in this post.

Either way, Scottsdale and Gilbert are great communities and don't have the high crime rate of much of Phoenix. Hopefully it will stay that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area