Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 11:20 AM

59 posts, read 241,614 times

Advertisements

Who does pretty good here in AZ? I currently have Geico and I am looking to dump them? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 11:24 AM

39,106 posts, read 51,306,911 times
You need to shop around with your circumstances. Everyone is different when it comes to insurance - number of tickets/claims, age and vehicles, zip code, years with company, multiple line discounts, accident free discounts. There is no way to make a reasonable comparison. In my own case, State Farm is the best deal and I have never been able to get a better quote due to having been with them so long, multiple lines and vehicles and accident free discounts. If I had no history with them, then they probably would not be the best deal.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:30 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,730,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootie View Post
Who does pretty good here in AZ? I currently have Geico and I am looking to dump them? Thanks!
Great question, Hootie (cool name too).

As Ponderosa posted, you really need to do some serious shopping. My recommendation would be to check State Farm and The Hartford first.

Good Luck

Old 05-01-2008, 09:24 PM

9,541 posts, read 16,548,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootie View Post
I can tell you I had no history with State Farm, I tried all the other companies and they gave me the better deal. They also seem very reputable and professional. I use to work for Gieco, let me tell you, they are far from being the best deal in more cases than not. It is a very strange company. If you saw who is actually working on your insurance policy, you might think that lizard could do a better job. Its like a glorified Junior College with a bunch of 18 and 20 year olds on the phone competing to see who can sell the most policies each day. They usually reward them with bags of candy during their shift. Whenever they put you on hold believe me they are checking your credit scores as to what they are going to charge you on your policy. Progessive is another one with similiar behavior. Really I would check with State Farm or Nationwide.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:50 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,103,466 times
I've been with State Farm since 1982.

Never considered changing.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:29 AM
RCR

264 posts, read 910,311 times
I had been with State Farm for 25 years but decided to shop around. I ended up switching to Liberty Mutual and saved $300 on 2 cars and home owners.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:41 PM

523 posts, read 1,283,476 times
Anybody WORK in the insurance industry in the Phoenix area? How is the job market?

Old 05-02-2008, 09:19 PM

108 posts, read 362,462 times
Default Insurance

I work for Progressive. Trust me, it is NOT like the poster above indicated.

FAR from it. This is a reputable and honest company that tries to do it's best

for the customers and employees. I work in Cleveland, but am contemplating

a transfer to the Phoenix office. Insurance is a very complex business,

and things are constantly changing. Rates vary of course depending on

situations, age, location, driving record, coverage, etc...

I had Progressive Insurance before I worked here, they treated me wonderful
when I had a claim. I would still be a customer if I did not work for them.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:33 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,793,522 times
I have no loyalty to any insurance company. My longest run with any one company was 7 or 8 years with AAA. The only one that gave me horrible service (as a customer) was American Family about 15 years ago. It seems that every few years my rates get jacked up even though I haven't filed any claims, so that's when I go shopping. It seems industry relies on customers not wanting to go through the hassle of changing so they accept the increases. I understand that occasionally there are across the board increases, but when I see a 5-10%+ jump, I look around and always find cheaper rates with another big name company.

I've been with Liberty Mutual for two years now and my rates actually went down the second year. I was with AIG before and when I needed to add my then 17 year old son, the quote was outrageous. I was referred to MetLife and would have saved $1200/yr over AIG and was ready to sign when the agent called and told me that his friend at Liberty Mutual could save me even more. He was right-$1700/yr cheaper than AIG! Kudos to the agent for his integrity, even if he was just doing a friend a favor.
I was rear ended by a GEICO customer two months ago. The claim service was great. Too bad their rates were within $400 of AIG. The previous time I was "tagged" it was by an Allstate driver. They jerked me around so bad on every detail that I had no choice but to hire an attorney.

If you are interested in checking with Liberty Mutual, PM me and I'll give you my agent's info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area