Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is a possible housing value correction coming to Phoenix
Yes there will be a correction 50 42.37%
No prices will always go up in Phoenix forever. 18 15.25%
I hope they go down because I want to buy a house 18 15.25%
There will be a correction eventually but it will be "A SOFT LANDING"-ALAN GREENSPAN 32 27.12%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 09:13 AM

13,241 posts, read 7,295,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
Notice how Taiwan linked its immigration database, with its national health insurance database to identify and track cases. Not going to happen in the States, with a pourous border and a bunch of lefties advocating open borders.
I agree, but lets keep that over on this thread https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoe...hoenix-12.html

Old 03-21-2020, 05:06 PM

1,688 posts, read 1,269,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
We agree, the Chinese lied about their numbers. But Taiwan and Soth Korea are waaaaaaaaay ahead of this than the USA and they took more of the Chinese lock-down approach. Before I forget, this Republican here (me) has a hard time believing Donald Trump. This statement isn't coming from "politics", rather Trump is a lying baffoon (even though I agree with several of his policies while despising others). Sorry, I digress...

Back to their policies. Our son did an ER rotation in Taiwan (he will be starting his ER residency in a few months in CA on the front lines. In Tiawan and Hong Kong, 100% of the people walking the streets were wearing surgical masks (97% filters). When he was on the Taiwan owned airlines, the attendants wore gloves and masks. When he came to LA and sat in 1st class, the attendants were handling people's food with their hands so he passed. So as you see, culturally speaking, we are going down the Italy path. We won't be as bad as Italy because our population is younger and we are not as close in proximity. But expect it to be a sh*t-show in the pending weeks for San Fran and NYC. And in Italy, STILL their "lockdown" really means 40% of the population is as mobile as before. In South Korea as well as in China, for instance, they have multiple apps. Apps that verify where people are. Apps that show where more supplies are located when there is a shortage. And Apps that show where outbreaks are occurring. As you see, the USA is doing a dismal job in comparison. Let's face it., we are rather selfish in comparison. We can all set-down our flags and call a spade a spade. In hindsight, there will be a lot of legitimate blame to go around in the hard-hit areas.

In a personal example, our dentist Army doctor is being forced to treat routine patience in Washington state. The ADA basically said, "don't fix people's teeth unless it is an emergency". They understand why. But some General said "it's all overblown". Meanwhile, she is filling and drilling creating aerosols (submicron particles) from the spit. Read all about it here https://www.dentistryiq.com/dental-h...51012/aerosols. It's known that the spit aerosols hang in the air for 30 minutes. But the non-technical army general knows better! She questioned her authority and it went up the chain and they said "fill and drill". Therefore, the 65+ year old people are playing a game of roulette and statistically speaking, that dental clinic is spreading the virus.
You don't have to believe him. Believe the team he has standing behind him every single morning at 9am to do the press briefing. They have absolutely nothing to lose. I firmly believe they are being honest and upfront with the American people.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:21 PM

66 posts, read 43,637 times
Quote:
We agree, the Chinese lied about their numbers. But Taiwan and Soth Korea are waaaaaaaaay ahead of this than the USA and they took more of the Chinese lock-down approach. Before I forget, this Republican here (me) has a hard time believing Donald Trump. This statement isn't coming from "politics", rather Trump is a lying baffoon (even though I agree with several of his policies while despising others). Sorry, I digress...

Back to their policies. Our son did an ER rotation in Taiwan (he will be starting his ER residency in a few months in CA on the front lines. In Tiawan and Hong Kong, 100% of the people walking the streets were wearing surgical masks (97% filters). When he was on the Taiwan owned airlines, the attendants wore gloves and masks. When he came to LA and sat in 1st class, the attendants were handling people's food with their hands so he passed. So as you see, culturally speaking, we are going down the Italy path. We won't be as bad as Italy because our population is younger and we are not as close in proximity. But expect it to be a sh*t-show in the pending weeks for San Fran and NYC. And in Italy, STILL their "lockdown" really means 40% of the population is as mobile as before. In South Korea as well as in China, for instance, they have multiple apps. Apps that verify where people are. Apps that show where more supplies are located when there is a shortage. And Apps that show where outbreaks are occurring. As you see, the USA is doing a dismal job in comparison. Let's face it., we are rather selfish in comparison. We can all set-down our flags and call a spade a spade. In hindsight, there will be a lot of legitimate blame to go around in the hard-hit areas.

In a personal example, our dentist Army doctor is being forced to treat routine patience in Washington state. The ADA basically said, "don't fix people's teeth unless it is an emergency". They understand why. But some General said "it's all overblown". Meanwhile, she is filling and drilling creating aerosols (submicron particles) from the spit. Read all about it here https://www.dentistryiq.com/dental-h...51012/aerosols. It's known that the spit aerosols hang in the air for 30 minutes. But the non-technical army general knows better! She questioned her authority and it went up the chain and they said "fill and drill". Therefore, the 65+ year old people are playing a game of roulette and statistically speaking, that dental clinic is spreading the virus.
I think we also need to improve our process of approving drugs and vaccines. The process the FDA and drug companies use to vet medications can take years. Even now, they have an effective vaccine they are putting through clinical trials. Under routine circumstances, you can take the necessary precautions to vet these medications. But I'm certain in Italy, many people would volunteer to receive that vaccine even if it is experimental. President Trump had to push the FDA to approve of hyrdoxychloroquine (Plaquenil) to treat this when it has been shown to be helpful. Favipiravir is an antiviral available in Japan that been shown to successfully treat the coronavirus. Why hasn't this been available in the United States as another option to treat critically ill patients.

I think too much emphasis is placed on isolation and not enough effort is focused on treatment and vaccination. I think this is also a weakness with our medical system. There is so much red tape that patients can't get access to treatment that would benefit them.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:08 AM

1,315 posts, read 3,227,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Many will not have a job to go back to how will that effect the housing market? I think it will be a significant blow that's only if we see one wave of the virus. We don't even know if a vaccine will be effective, or will it be like the flu every year new strain.

The Economy is not going to just snap back like a spring. I think many are going to be very cautious about buying after this.

Correct. It's also sad and unfortunate that many people view investing in metro Phoenix real estate as their PRIMARY source of income or investment, despite the known volatility.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:25 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,156,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
You don't have to believe him. Believe the team he has standing behind him every single morning at 9am to do the press briefing. They have absolutely nothing to lose. I firmly believe they are being honest and upfront with the American people.
I'll bite. Realize Trump surrounds him with yes-man types. It's his loyalty litmus test. Do what I want or you are out! Let's start with Pence's handpicked under-qualified surgeon general. This guy is out of his league. You know, the guy who said surgical mask don't help and his "serious people" quote. Yea, he is a yes-man. Normally when you look at the pedigree of surgeon generals they are awe-inspiring. Dr. Jerome Adams has dropped the bar. Picked by Pence, he has his head up the Prez butt. Here is a good read https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ts-coronavirus

Next up, Dr. Deborah Birx. Here she is claiming google is developing an app with 14,000 people to help facilitate testing for the virus. Then Trump said that 1,700 engineers were working on the site and had “made tremendous progress.” Someone should have told google read nytimes.com/2020/03/21/opinion/google-covid-trump.html

A few weeks ago in NC he said:
“The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. They're politicizing it,” he said. “They don't have any clue. They can't even count their votes in Iowa. No, they can't. They can't count their votes. Then Trump called the coronavirus “their new hoax.” Really? I should believe him?

I have 20 more if you like. Like the lie that said some existing drugs look promising. He is a baffoon. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/h...loroquine.html

He has lied to us several hundred times. With this virus, it is just the same old technique of denials, deflecting blame, and spun misinformation. When he is confronted with pointed questions, as usual, he resorts to obfuscation.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:48 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,156,127 times
I wonder if this will happen in AZ? In NY, agents cannot show homes.

See https://therealdeal.com/2020/03/20/c...showing-homes/

Old 03-22-2020, 08:10 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,235,187 times
Quote:
I'll bite. Realize Trump surrounds him with yes-man types. It's his loyalty litmus test. Do what I want or you are out! Let's start with Pence's handpicked under-qualified surgeon general. This guy is out of his league. You know, the guy who said surgical mask don't help and his "serious people" quote. Yea, he is a yes-man. Normally when you look at the pedigree of surgeon generals they are awe-inspiring. Dr. Jerome Adams has dropped the bar. Picked by Pence, he has his head up the Prez butt. Here is a good read https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ts-coronavirus

Next up, Dr. Deborah Birx. Here she is claiming google is developing an app with 14,000 people to help facilitate testing for the virus. Then Trump said that 1,700 engineers were working on the site and had “made tremendous progress.” Someone should have told google read nytimes.com/2020/03/21/opinion/google-covid-trump.html

“The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. They're politicizing it,” he said. “They don't have any clue. They can't even count their votes in Iowa. No, they can't. They can't count their votes. Then Trump called the coronavirus “their new hoax.” Really? I should believe him?

I have 20 more if you like. Like the lie that said some existing drugs look promising. He is a baffoon. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/h...loroquine.html

He has lied to us several hundred times. With this virus, it is just the same old technique of denials, deflecting blame, and spun misinformation. When he is confronted with pointed questions, as usual, he resorts to obfuscation.
Theres only about 100,000 articles about how the drug chloroquine is showing promise. Only basement dwellers like you would jump all over this, calling it lies. This virus is uncharted territory. Drug companies are doing what they can as fast as they can to find some relief for this virus. People are working 7 days a week, testing drugs and trying to make vaccines. I have a feeling if Trump said the sky was blue, you would call it a lie.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:15 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,955,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Theres only about 100,000 articles about how the drug chloroquine is showing promise. Only basement dwellers like you would jump all over this, calling it lies. This virus is uncharted territory. Drug companies are doing what they can as fast as they can to find some relief for this virus. People are working 7 days a week, testing drugs and trying to make vaccines. I have a feeling if Trump said the sky was blue, you would call it a lie.
The wording is important and his own task force has to spend (waste) time correcting him.

Nobody disputes that there is hope and potential. The problem is that Trump takes it a step further and claims it will solve the crisis then goes on the defensive against medical doctors who simply say: no, not true yet there hasn’t been testing sufficient to say that.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:44 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,796,827 times
Quote:

If you want to be taken seriously, don't list Vox and the NY Times as your sources......
Take your Trump-bashing to the POC forum.....

Old 03-22-2020, 09:50 AM

13,692 posts, read 7,979,859 times
Quote:
I wonder if this will happen in AZ? In NY, agents cannot show homes.

See https://therealdeal.com/2020/03/20/c...showing-homes/
Well, I've made a video and will be listing a property soon.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area