Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is a possible housing value correction coming to Phoenix
Yes there will be a correction 50 42.37%
No prices will always go up in Phoenix forever. 18 15.25%
I hope they go down because I want to buy a house 18 15.25%
There will be a correction eventually but it will be "A SOFT LANDING"-ALAN GREENSPAN 32 27.12%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 11:55 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,753,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
Predicting an increase in supply come January 2021 once CARES/unemployment monies run out. Could be wrong or could be right. We will see.
It's going to be like a race to get out of undesirable places and into what are considered desirable places before the true economic downturn goes into full swing. Right now, Phoenix is hopping as are certain suburbs like those surrounding NYC, but who knows if and or when we'll see other shifts.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:52 PM

6,146 posts, read 8,028,432 times
We're trying to buy a house now, and its insane. 1 day on the market and every nice house gets multiple offers. We've put in offers on 3 houses in the past two weeks, several over asking, with no luck.

Old 06-22-2020, 03:06 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,753,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
We're trying to buy a house now, and its insane. 1 day on the market and every nice house gets multiple offers. We've put in offers on 3 houses in the past two weeks, several over asking, with no luck.
A was laughing at a house I saw in Surprise yesterday when it came on the market because you couldn't see the front door from the street. The entrance was on the side and the next door neighbor was a 2 story so your view out the front door was a wall with 15 ft of stucco above it. Very odd (for me anyway).
Accepted offer Sunday afternoon.
Receiving at least 3 calls a week to buy my home.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:05 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,309,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
A was laughing at a house I saw in Surprise yesterday when it came on the market because you couldn't see the front door from the street. The entrance was on the side and the next door neighbor was a 2 story so your view out the front door was a wall with 15 ft of stucco above it. Very odd (for me anyway).
I've never understood that layout. Very unattractive to me.

Old 06-23-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
We made an offer over asking on a house yesterday just based on photos to try to get ahead of other offers. Then the Realtor tells me they are only allowing showings on Thursday afternoon. I should have known better. Thought that was strange and asked our realtor why, she said she didn't know. Did a little research and realized the house was listed by that 72Sold guy. Mentioned it to her again and it was obvious she knew that all along. I told her to hold to our offer expiration date. I'm pretty annoyed that she wasn't upfront about it.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:22 PM

14,075 posts, read 8,226,458 times
Quote:
We made an offer over asking on a house yesterday just based on photos to try to get ahead of other offers. Then the Realtor tells me they are only allowing showings on Thursday afternoon. I should have known better. Thought that was strange and asked our realtor why, she said she didn't know. Did a little research and realized the house was listed by that 72Sold guy. Mentioned it to her again and it was obvious she knew that all along. I told her to hold to our offer expiration date. I'm pretty annoyed that she wasn't upfront about it.
I would be too.

Can't trust a RE agent like that.

Old 06-23-2020, 02:19 PM

9,886 posts, read 11,292,337 times
Quote:
A possible situation was that the listing RE agent was looking for both sides of the commission. If the market is so limited that homes are getting multiple offers, the listing agent can more easily play games and try and control both sides of the sale. By limiting the flow of traffic, the listing agent can pick an offer that both maximizes the sale price and steer the sale towards someone who contacts them directly. Illegal, unethical, or whatever, it works is you have a silver tongue and are able to read between the lines and ask questions in a way that helps you cut in line.

Back in 2011, I watched it happen a couple of times. Therefore, when it is brutally competitive, I want to be a "free agent" by contacting each listing agent and get as close to the sales process as possible. Often, the agent will be looking out for themselves in combo with the seller. YMMV. But give it a try if you are saavy and can read people along the way. Best of luck.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:16 PM

784 posts, read 927,474 times
Sure glad I didn't sell when this thread was started....lol

I thought about listing a couple when the market started going down, but the houses just keep going up......and with all
the issues in California and other places I don't see it slowing down anytime soon.

Spent last weekend in Marina Del Rey with my son who is a software engineer.......the way they are allowing the tent cities around Venice and LA is just nuts......who in their right mind would want to live around that.....although we did get to follow behind Leo DiCaprio's yacht out of the marina as he took his gf out for her birthday.....all that wealth and poverty in the same place....crazy.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:52 PM

14,075 posts, read 8,226,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
Sure glad I didn't sell when this thread was started....lol

I thought about listing a couple when the market started going down, but the houses just keep going up......and with all
the issues in California and other places I don't see it slowing down anytime soon.

Spent last weekend in Marina Del Rey with my son who is a software engineer.......the way they are allowing the tent cities around Venice and LA is just nuts......who in their right mind would want to live around that.....although we did get to follow behind Leo DiCaprio's yacht out of the marina as he took his gf out for her birthday.....all that wealth and poverty in the same place....crazy.

When I was selling my home in San Francisco last year I joined the Next door web site for leads on a good handyman, painter and landscaper.

I noticed there were a number of residents farily new to San Francisco who wondered why the pot-holes along 19th Ave and other parts of the city weren't fixed. Then there were complaints about the homeless who were beginning to move closer to residential areas.
'
Around this time the mayor of SF was talking about putting a "navigation center" (homeless shelter) in each district of SF. All I wanted to do was sell and get out while the going was still good.

The couple who bought my property likely will pay around 18 grand a year in property tax. Sure, they have money but still... at some point like others on Next door they are going to begin to complain about the crummy city services.

Add to this the tech industry is now viewed as the latest villain and beginning to resent it. San Francisco is headed towards some interesting times.

Old 06-25-2020, 09:28 AM

We actually had two offers accepted yesterday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area