Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 02:47 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,404,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogetsthesaurus View Post
The fact that you can get travel books for Phoenix should alone tell you that there is more to do
Not to pick nits here, but there are some Nashville tourist books too. Just thought Id throw that out there....

Old 04-26-2008, 09:44 AM

148 posts, read 848,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallvillefan View Post
Hi WantingoutofAZ! I saw your post and had a question on this comment:

May I ask where you're looking in town? To the best of my knowledge houses in that price range are in less than desirable areas (Antioch) or way out of town in super family oriented areas (Spring Hill/Thompson Station). And then the prices would be the mid 100's range...haven't seen anything in any listing in the low 100's that would be decent to live in (except maybe some townhomes out in Smyrna) The housing market here is very strange. Our home prices are NOT dropping as they are in other areas. I had noticed this while I was watching the market and then had my suspicions confirmed by an article in the paper a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, just curious. It's funny you just got back from a visit here because I just got back from Phoenix!
Smallville,

You are right, I was looking into more family oriented areas which the original poster is probably not interested in. We are looking in the Cheatham County area more specifically Pleasant View but if you do a search on realtracs for homes under 150,000 in Cheatham county, 86 come up. If you do that same search in Davidson county more than 250 results come up. Now the only areas I am familiar with are Cheatham county and Williamson County so it could be that all of the cheaper homes in Davidson county are way out or in Antioch, I am not sure.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:41 PM

19 posts, read 62,191 times
$40K in Nashville is infinately better. Outside the city in small communities you can still find very affordable housing. Super affordable housing in Phoenix will put you in a worst possible areas of town. Aadditionally Nashville is a nicer, gentler envorinment than the huge city of PHX. Go to the south - you'll be glad later! You can get form one side of Nashville to the other in 15 minutes on the loop. Phoenix could take you 1 1/2 hours!

Old 04-26-2008, 07:49 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,959,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
I would, naturally, choose to live in Phoenix. Besides the lack of humidity, Phoenix is a much safer area than Nashville.
Most dangerous*and safest cities - Top 25* - Oct. 30, 2006
Phoenix doesn't even make it on the top 25 most dangerous list and I couldn't find it on the top 50 either. I did a little more research at 1 in the morning, LOL, and spoke to a few friends in the criminal justice field in Arizona and New York and they are well versed on this situation.

Phoenix has a reputation for "crime" and being dangerous because Arizona ranks as the 3rd most crime prone state:
America's most dangerous states - Mar. 22, 2007
I was told and forwarded the FBI statistics and found that Arizona ranks high becuase of auto thefts and robbery. Mainly, crimes against property. Phoenix and Arizona have experienced a drop in murder, rape and assault, but a huge surge in auto theft. Also, because Arizona is a border state, illegal immigration accounts for a huge amount of arrests. I believe 30,000 illegal immigrants were detained last month attempting to cross the border. Thousands more have been arrested by MCSO and ICE agents. TN (Memphis and Nashville in particular) seem to be high on the list for murder, assault and robbery.

Furthermore, 60k a year will allow for you to live comfortably in Phoenix.

Not to mention the weather in Nashville.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area